George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust, Non-executive DirectorAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||Coventry, Warwickshire and Leicestershire|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||Equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month|
|Closing Date:||24/09/2018 11:00|
We are recruiting a Non-executive Director (NED) for George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust (GEH). This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
We are looking for strong team players with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a real affinity with community and community services, and the ability to bring challenge and support to the board and its committees.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior level organisational development expertise with experience of managing service transformation and delivering improvements. The successful candidate will become a Member of the Workforce Development Committee.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live within a 35-mile radius or have strong connections with the Trust.
- closing date for receipt of applications: 24 September 2018 at 11am. Please forward your completed application to Chairsandneds@nhs.net
- interview date: 10 October 2018
- proposed start date: W/C 22 October 2018
How to Apply
- The Trust – For an informal and confidential discussion with Prem Singh, the Chair of the trust, please contact Leanne Hanson on 02476 865068
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Joe Porter on 0300 123 2908 or by emailing email@example.com
|Information pack M1784|
|Monitoring Form M1784|