Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust, Non-executive Director x2
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||Applicants should live in or have strong connections with Hertfordshire.|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Remuneration:||£10,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||2 to 3 days a month|
Closed for Applications
04/02/2020 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
NHS Improvement has a specific role in appointing and supporting NHS trust chairs and Non-executive Directors (NEDs). We are looking for two NEDs at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust (HCT). This is a unique opportunity to help deliver the NHS 10 year plan and shape the future of local services by sharing your talents and expertise to help transform community services, working with local partners to deliver the Hertfordshire and west Essex STP strategy and to making a positive difference to the health and wellbeing of the communities served by the Trust.
The successful candidates will chair either the Audit Committee or the Healthcare Governance/Quality Committee.
We are looking for candidates who have the energy, skills and leadership experience to help drive the delivery of sustainable healthcare services for the people of Hertfordshire and west Essex. You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services and will have senior experience in one or more of the following areas:
- A strong commercial and financial background
- Strong credentials in a clinical or scientific role at a senior level
- Information management and technology expertise with a focus on digital services. Experience of implementing digital transformation would be an advantage
- Strong track record in complex partnership working across a range of stakeholders and sectors
The Trust provides services to diverse social, economic and cultural groups. Either lived or learned experience of this diversity is highly desirable. You will have a good understanding of the needs of the different sectors of the community, especially those of the black and minority ethnic communities served in the area.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board;
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development;
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge;
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust.
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We value, celebrate and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from those who have a lived experience of our services, women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
Find out more
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Lesley-Anne Alexander CBE, the Chair of the Trust. Please contact Marina Sweatman on 01707 388020
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Read the information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net
|M2113 NED Information Pack|