Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust, Non-executive DirectorClosed
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£13,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||2-3 days a month|
This is not a ministerial appointment.
Closed for Applications
07/03/2022 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director (NED) at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust (HCT). This is an unique and exceptional opportunity to shape the future of local services and share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives, health and wellbeing of the people served by the Trust.
We are looking for candidates who have the energy, skills and leadership experience to help drive the delivery of sustainable healthcare services for the people of Hertfordshire and surrounding areas. You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services, with the ability to work with partners across the Hertfordshire and West Essex (HWE) Integrated Care System (ICS) to transform local services.
You will have senior level experience in the following areas:
• Recent finance experience within a large and complex commercial organisation, supported by a relevant financial qualification, and
• Experience of leading organisational transformation
We would also particularly welcome applicants with the ability to add to the existing board members’ perspectives through bringing personal and ideally lived experience of the issues faced by the diverse social and cultural groups served by the Trust.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
• work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
• bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
• hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
• shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- If you are interested in this vacancy, please contact Donna Lesmond, Executive Assistant the Office of the Board, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01707 388145 to arrange an informal discussion with HCT’s Chief Executive or Trust Chair
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Helen Barlow on 0300 123 2038 or by emailing email@example.com
|Information pack M2409|