HS2 Ltd - Non-Executive DirectorsAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||Department for Transport|
|Skills required:||Business / Commercial, Major Projects, Transformation|
|Number of Vacancies:||Up to 3|
|Remuneration:||£950 per day.|
|Time Requirements:||The anticipated time commitment is a minimum of 2 days per month.|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
Date: 15/07/2020View Announcement
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Interviews will be conducted on 1st, 5th and 8th August 2019
Allan Cook Added 20/06/2019
Chair, HS2 Ltd • Representative of Organisation
Nick Joyce Added 20/06/2019
Director General, Resources & Strategy, DfT • Departmental Official
Mel Ewell Added 20/06/2019
Non-Executive Director, HS2 Ltd • Representative of Organisation
Fiona Spencer Added 20/06/2019
Director of Profession & Standards, Infrastructure & Projects Authority • Independent Member
As a Non-Executive Director for HS2 Ltd, you will have recent and relevant Executive Board or Non-Executive Director experience or be able to demonstrate the ability to operate highly-effectively at this level. Candidates will need to demonstrate strength of character and resilience with experience or demonstrable ability to operate in a high-profile organisation tasked with delivering against demanding objectives.
All candidates should be able demonstrate the following:
- Experience of the planning process for large, complex programmes and best practice for the associated risk management required;
- Excellent customer insight, acquired from working in customer facing businesses;
- Leadership, people and team management skills including strong coaching and development experience;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- An ability to exercise independent judgement and to constructively challenge and encourage;
- Strong ability to engage and manage stakeholders, including Government and supply chain;
- The ability to drive innovation and implement change.
Additionally, for two of the available roles, candidates should be able to demonstrate experience and expertise in one, or both, of the following specialisms:
- Major infrastructure delivery; and/or
- Railway operations and integration.
As a Non-Executive Director, candidates will be expected to;
- Champion the HS2 vision and objectives and challenge decisions where appropriate to maintain the aspired strategic direction;
- Provide scrutiny and guidance to the executive team and support HS2 Ltd in exercising its responsibilities;
- Foster and promote a culture that supports constructive challenge and helps to hold the Leadership team to account for effective and efficient delivery against the agreed strategy and business plan;
- Facilitate discussion on key programmatic issues, balancing the legitimate interests of HS2 with external stakeholders alongside what is considered to be best for rail users and taxpayers;
- Ensure that the requirements of Department for Transport (DfT) and regulatory duties are adhered to throughout the development of the project;
- Ensure that high standards of corporate governance are observed and that you conduct yourself in line with best practice and statutory requirements;
- Chair or sit on sub-committees of the HS2 Ltd Board;
- Offer alternative perspectives to the rail industry norm, based on an ability to consider strategic, complex and often sensitive issues from an informed and balanced viewpoint;
- Ensure that stakeholder relationships with partner organisations are developed and improved; and
- Provide an insight into Government thinking and approach on particular issues affecting HS2 as well as on the Government’s wider views and priorities.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for these positions, please supply the following by 11pm 14 July:
- A CV setting out your career history and including details of any professional qualifications.
- A short supporting statement (maximum two sides A4, minimum 11 font) giving evidence of the strength and depth of your ability to meet the criteria of the role and required specialism(s). Please provide specific examples.
- In addition, you are expected to complete and return via email the supporting documentation form attached separately, relating to referees, diversity, nationality, political activity and conflicts of interest.
Completed applications should be emailed to DfTpublicappointments@dft.gov.uk.
If you cannot apply online, please post applications to:
Public Appointments Team
Governance Division (Area 4/32)
Department for Transport
Great Minster House
33 Horseferry Road
|HS2 Ltd Non-Executive Director candidate pack - June 2019|
|Supporting Documentation form|