Board Members (x3) Hybu Cig Cymru (HCC) - Meat Promotion Wales BoardClosed
|Appointing Department:||Welsh Government|
|Sector:||Environment, Food & Rural Affairs|
|Location:||Board meetings are usually held in Aberystwyth|
|Skills required:||Business / Commercial|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Remuneration:||£300 per day|
|Time Requirements:||12 days per annum|
Closed for Applications
05/01/2020 at 16:00
Final Interview Date
24/02/2020 at 12:00
Maria Richards Added 29/11/2019
Head of Future Farming Policy, Welsh Government • Departmental Official
Kevin Roberts Added 29/11/2019
HCC Chair • Representative of Organisation
Stephen James Added 29/11/2019
Chair, Wales Animal Health & Welfare Framework Group • Independent Member
The HCC Board provides leadership and governance to HCC and performs the important role of scrutinising all of HCC’s investments and activities. It also shapes its future goals. Board Members have individual and collective responsibility to the Welsh Government through the Minister for Environment, Energy and Rural Affairs.
The HCC Chair is primarily responsible for leading the Board of non-executive Directors in ensuring the effectiveness of HCC whilst the Chief Executive has responsibility as Accounting Officer for the operation of HCC. As a Welsh Government Sponsored Body, HCC is required to comply with the provisions of Managing Welsh Public Money.
The key responsibilities of the Board will be to:
- Support the delivery the key recommendations from the independent review of HCC published October 2016.
- Support the delivery of the ‘Vision 2025 – Vision and Strategic Direction for the Welsh Red Meat Sector to 2025’.
- Attend Sub-Committees of the Board as appropriate.
- Contribute to the development of the HCC Corporate Plan and the HCC Operational Plan through the Board.
- Ensure systems are in place to monitor the effectiveness of HCC and that Board Members have accurate, timely and clear information on the company’s performance.
- Maintain sound corporate governance and ensure all activities are discharged with probity and propriety as required of an organisation expending public monies.
- Communicate and attend meetings where appropriate with stakeholders and the Welsh Government.
- Play a key role in promoting the views of HCC to the general public.
To be considered, you must be able to demonstrate you have the qualities, skills and experience to meet all the essential criteria for appointment:
Appreciation of the agriculture and wider food industry needs
- Be able to demonstrate an appreciation of the issues facing the industry and Welsh Red Meat Levy Payers.
Experience of Strategic Development
- Creative thinking and strategy development; and
- Analytical ability and effective decision making.
Experience of Corporate Governance
- Monitoring the effectiveness of activities and ensuring the collation of accurate, timely and clear information on performance; and
- Discharging activities with probity and propriety.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to promote the views of HCC and the industry to media, Government and stakeholders; and
- Good interpersonal skills, able to develop sound relationships with stakeholders and others.
- Facilitate contact with HCC’s stakeholders and actively promote equality and diversity with communities and respective stakeholders.
Experience and Knowledge: Specialist Criteria
To ensure a cross section of skills on the HCC Board, the Welsh Government will prioritise the appointments across the following specific areas.
- Marketing (consumer/ trade)
- Finance and audit
- Red meat levy payers (Primary producers and processing)
- Legal and governance
In addition to the specialist skills, it is desirable that Board Members would have the following skills:
- A solid understanding of the necessity of equality and diversity.
- The ability to communicate effectively in both Welsh and English.
- Experience in being interviewed by the media.
- An ability to constructively challenge.
- A proven track record in building relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of learning and work issues at community, local and regional or national levels.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly and succinctly explain complex issues, whilst demonstrating respect for the views of others.
- Sound judgement, sensitivity and political awareness.
- An understanding of public life and the principles of good governance.
Welsh language skills are desirable for 3 Board Members.
For further information regarding the selection process, please contact:
The Corporate Shared Service Centre
Tel: 03000 255454
For further information regarding the role of Hybu Cig Cymru and the role of board members, please contact:
Tel: 03000 255002
If you need any further assistance in applying for this role, please contact email@example.com
For further information about Public Appointments in Wales, please visit www.gov.wales/publicappointments
|HCC - Members - Information pack for applicants (English) - FINAL|
|HCC - Information for Candidates - Members (Welsh) -FINAL|