Independent Medical Expert Group (IMEG) - Medical members x 2Announced
|Body:||Independent Medical Expert Group (IMEG)|
|Appointing Department:||Ministry of Defence|
|Location:||London with some UK travel|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||No but the MOD will reimburse reasonable travel and subsistence expenses.|
|Time Requirements:||Approximately 10 days per year. Meetings are usually held at Ministry of Defence offices in London with some UK travel.|
This is not a ministerial appointment.
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
The Minister for Defence People and Veterans has appointed Prof Paul Cullinan as one of the medical members of the Independent Medical Expert Group for a period of three years. Prof Cullinan is replacing Dr John Scadding who is now the Chair of IMEG. The appointment will commence on 1 September 2020 and expire on 31 August 2023.
The Minister for Defence People and Veterans has also appointed Dr Ali Hashtroudi as one of the medical members of the Independent Medical Expert Group for a period of three years. He will be replacing Dr Snashall who is leaving on 30 September 2020. The appointment will commence on 1 October 2020 and expire on 30 September 2023.
Date: 06/08/2020View Announcement
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
22 or 23/6/2020
06/08/2020 at 13:00
IMEG’s role is to advise Min (DPV) on medical and scientific aspects of the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) and related matters. The IMEG are seeking a member to represent the ex-Service charities organisations. The overall responsibility of the member is to:
- engage fully in collective consideration of the topics raised for investigation, taking account of the full range of evidence, based on science and medicine, including any guidance issued by the sponsor department or the responsible minister;
- ensure that the code of Practice on Access to Government Information is adhered to;
ensure that the Group does not exceed its powers or functions.
The successful candidates must:
- be medically qualified senior consultants, registered with the General Medical Council (GMC) in one of the relevant specialities (trauma/orthopaedics, neurology, audio vestibular/audiological medicine, occupational medicine, psychiatry, respiratory medicine, epidemiology or rehabilitation) and be independent of the MOD, having not previously worked either in the Department or been a member of the Armed Forces;
- have the ability to apply intellectual rigour to the medical and scientific aspects of the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) and related matters;
- have experience of working collaboratively on high level committees at board level;
- have the ability to take forward investigative work and the capacity to ensure that all issues are seen through to their conclusion;
- demonstrate a willingness to work flexibly and engage constructively with the other IMEG members and stakeholders;
- demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills and teamwork;
The successful candidates should also:
- have an interest in occupational medicine, disability analysis and personal injury compensation;
have an understanding of how the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme operates.
The appointment will be for a period of three years starting in 2020.
How to Apply
Please complete the attached Expression of Interest and Monitoring Information Forms and send a copy of each along with your most recent CV to DBSCivPers-ResNONSTDAPPTS@mod.uk quoting reference 28580 .
|28580 - Diversity Form|
|28580 - Guaranteed Interview Scheme Declaration|
|28580- Campaign information pack - Two Medical members Final 2020- AMENDED|
|28580 - NDPB EOI|