Independent Medical Expert Group (IMEG) – Recruitment of two Medical MembersClosed
|Body:||Independent Medical Expert Group (IMEG)|
|Appointing Department:||Ministry of Defence|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Time Requirements:||10 Days|
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Dr John Scadding Added 17/02/2022
Honorary Consultant Neurologist/Chair of IMEG • Other Panel Member
Professor Peter Blain Added 17/02/2022
Emeritus Professor • Independent Member
Dr Anne Braidwood Added 17/02/2022
Chief of Defence People Medical Advisor • Representative of Organisation
|We are now looking to appoint two medical members to replace members in the specialities of trauma surgery and orthopaedics and adult psychiatry with an interest in traumatic psychological disorders.
|Candidates must demonstrate all the following essential criteria.
The successful candidates must:
1. Be medically qualified consultants of established standing in the specialities of adult psychiatry, trauma surgery or orthopaedics, and be independent of the MOD, having not previously been employed either in the Department or been a member of the Armed Forces.
2. Have a track record of substantial academic achievement, as evidenced by publications in the peer-reviewed medical literature, such as papers on original research, reviews, and book chapters in learned texts.
3. Demonstrate an ability to apply intellectual rigour to the cross-speciality medical and scientific aspects of the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) and related matters.
4. Demonstrate an ability to contribute to investigative work by drafting evidence-based, referenced reviews of topics relevant to AFCS.
5. Be a completer, ensuring that all issues are seen through to their conclusion.
6. Be able and willing to work flexibly and engage constructively with the other members of IMEG and relevant stakeholders.
7. Demonstrate a track record of working collaboratively on high level committees at board level.
The following criteria are also desirable:
1. Demonstrate an interest in occupational medicine, disability analysis and personal injury compensation.
2. Understand how AFCS operates and be familiar with IMEG’s published reports.
|Reasonable travel and subsistence expenses will be reimbursed in line with MOD’s policy.|
|48140_IMEG_MEMBER_DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM|
|48140_IMEG_MEMBER_DISABILITY CONFIDENT SCHEME DECLARATION|
|48140_IMEG_MEMBER_Expression of Interest Form|