Independent Member (Finance) - Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health BoardClosed
|Body:||Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board|
|Appointing Department:||Welsh Government|
|Sector:||Health and Social Care|
|Location:||Meetings will be held across north Wales. The use of virtual meetings has been trialled successfully during the COVID-19 pandemic, and we propose to have a blended approach to meetings going forwards.|
|Skills required:||Accountancy, Audit and Risk, Regulation|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£15,936 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||4 days per month|
Closed for Applications
06/08/2021 at 16:00
Final Interview Date
Mark Polin Added 09/07/2021
Chair, Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board • Representative of Organisation
Olivia Shorrocks Added 09/07/2021
Head of Major Conditions, Welsh Government • Departmental Official
Councillor Louise Emery Added 09/07/2021
Deputy Leader of Conwy County Borough Council • Independent Member
Independent Members will among other things:
- Contribute to the work of the Board, based upon your independence, your past experience and knowledge, and your ability to stand back from the day-to-day operational management;
- Contribute to corporate decisions to ensure a joined up, robust and transparent decision-making process by the Board;
- Be expected, in time, to fully understand the business through active involvement to enable the effective performance of the organisation;
- Work closely with other public, private and voluntary organisations and will make sure that the views of patients, carers and families are fully involved in helping to shape, develop and improve services;and
- Analyse and critically review complex information and contribute to sound decision- making, ensuring that decisions are open and transparent.
To be considered, you must be able to demonstrate that you have the qualities, skills and experience to meet all the essential criteria for appointment.
Knowledge and Experience
- An understanding of health issues and priorities in the Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board area and the ability to contribute effectively as part of a unitary Board.
- The ability to provide a knowledgeable, impartial and balanced perspective on a range of sensitive and complex issues.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of corporate governance processes.
- A knowledge of and empathy with local community issues and priorities
- An understanding of the Nolan Principles and the ability to value and respect others, and to communicate openly and honestly.
As we are the largest health organisation in Wales, with a budget of £1.8 billion we are particularly interested in receiving applications from those with finance experience at a senior executive/board level. We are seeking an Independent Member with the ability to apply financial knowledge and skills in this new strategic environment. A track record of financial oversight in a complex organisation with demonstration of value for money and impact analysis skills would be of benefit. In addition, membership of one of the following bodies would be desirable:
(a) the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
(b) the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland;
(c) the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants;
(d) the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy;
(e) the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland;
(f) the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
We would expect applicants to have or be able to develop an understanding of the NHS Finance (Wales) Act 2014.
Personal Attributes & Skills
A commitment to the values of the Health Board which include demonstrating a patient centred approach, an ability to work in partnership with colleagues and stakeholders and the ability to value and respect others, communicating openly and honestly
- The ability to speak welsh.
- Experience of chairing committees.
For further information regarding the selection process, please contact:
Public Appointments Team
Public Bodies Unit
For further information regarding the role of the Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board, and the role of the Independent Member (Finance), please contact Mark Polin, Chair, or Louise Brereton, Board Secretary.
If you need any further assistance in applying for this role, please contact: email@example.com.
For further information about Public Appointments in Wales, please visit www.gov.wales/publicappointments.