Independent Member - Information, Communication and TechnologyClosed
|Body:||Hywel Dda University Health Board|
|Appointing Department:||Welsh Government|
|Location:||Board meetings held bi- monthly at various locations across the UHB. The UHB also has Board Seminar meetings and various committees, the meetings which meet either bi-monthly or quarterly.|
|Skills required:||IT / Digital|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£13,344 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||The post of Independent Member is based on a notional commitment of a minimum of (four) 4 days per month but this will be subject to organisational demands and is often higher than the minimum requirement.|
Closed for Applications
02/08/2019 at 16:00
Final Interview Date
Chair of Hywel Dda UHB • Representative of Organisation
Welsh Government • Departmental Official
Mr Mike Ponton MBE
Independent Members will among other things:-
- Play a full and active role in the governance of the Health Board, both clinical and corporate. You will take an active part in discussions, providing your opinion and challenge and support to the Board on key issues.
- Contribute to the work of the Board based upon your independence, your past experience and knowledge, and your ability to stand back from the day-to-day operational management.
- Contribute and accept corporate decisions to ensure a joined up, robust and transparent decision making process by the Board.
- Be expected, in time, to fully understand the business through active involvement to enable the effective performance of the organisation.
- Work closely with other public, private and voluntary organisations and will make sure that the views of patients, carers and families are fully involved in helping to shape, develop and improve services.
- Analyse and critically review complex information and contribute to sound decision making.
- Ability to contribute to the ‘governance and finance’ of the Health Board, ensuring it is open and honest in its work by contributing fully in the decision making process.
Independent Members will demonstrate the following qualities:-
Knowledge & Experience
- An understanding of health issues and priorities in the Hywel Dda University Health Board area and the ability to understand the role and work of the Board;
- The ability to contribute effectively at board level.
- Ability to hold the executives to account for performance whilst maintaining a constructive relationship;
- Ability to provide a knowledgeable, impartial and balanced perspective on a range of sensitive and complex issues;
- A broad understanding of the information governance requirements required to comply with legislation e.g. Data Protection Act (DPA);
Personal Attributes & Skills
The Health Board has defined a set of shared core values.
To help demonstrate your commitment to these values, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- The ability to “Put Patients First”
- The ability to work together as part of a team and in partnership with other key organisations
- The ability to value and respect others
- The ability to communicate openly and honestly.
To be considered, you must be able to demonstrate that you have the qualities, skills and experience to meet all the essential criteria for appointment.
Essential Role Specific Criteria
Independent Member – Communication, Information and Technology is as follows:
You will have to demonstrate:
- Understand how information management and digital technology can help in improving health and social care
- Understand how information and data can be used to support the delivery of high quality, safe health and social care
- Have an understanding of information governance in relation to quality, safety, security and integrity and effective use of information,
- Ability to apply your knowledge and understanding of ICT matters in a strategic board environment.
- Have experience of using digital technologies to deliver high quality services.
These are only intended to be examples and are by no means exhaustive. More information can be discussed with the Chair of the Health Board
For further information regarding the selection process, please contact:
Public Appointments Team Email: Publicappointments@gov.wales
For further information regarding the role of the Independent Member Information ICT, please contact Judith Hardisty, Interim Chair of Hywel Dda University Health Board. Tel: 01267 239637 Email: Judith.Hardisty@wales.nhs.uk
For further information about Hywel Dda University Health Board, you may wish to visit the Health Board’s internet web site: http://www.hywelddalhb.wales.nhs.uk/ or contact the Health Board’s Board Secretary on 01267 239644 or via email@example.com
If you need any further assistance in applying for this role, please contact the Welsh Government’s Corporate Shared Service Centre Helpdesk on 029 2082 5454 or SharedServiceHelpdesk@wales.gsi.gov.uk
For further information about Public Appointments in Wales, please visit www.gov.wales/publicappointments
|Information pack - Appointment of an Independent Member (ICT) Hywel Dda UHB - English|
|Information pack - Appointment of an Independent Member (ICT) Hywel Dda UHB - Welsh|