Independent Member of the Board - Powys Teaching Health BoardClosed
|Body:||Powys Teaching Health Board|
|Appointing Department:||Welsh Government|
|Location:||Meetings have been held virtually since the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic. Previously meetings were held in the PTHB offices, Bronllys, Brecon.|
|Skills required:||Major Projects|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Remuneration:||£9,360 per annum.|
|Time Requirements:||4 days per months|
Closed for Applications
27/11/2020 at 16:00
Final Interview Date
Chair of Powys Teaching Health Board • Representative of Organisation
Welsh Government Representative • Departmental Official
Chief Executive of Powys Association of Voluntary Organisations. • Independent Member
Independent Members will among other things:-
• Play a full and active role in the governance of the Powys Teaching Health Board, both clinical and corporate. You will take an active part in discussions, providing your opinion and challenge and support to the Board on key issues.
• Contribute to the work of the Board based upon your independence, your past experience and knowledge, and your ability to stand back from the day to day operational management;
• Contribute and accept corporate decisions to ensure a joined up, robust and transparent decision making process by the Board;
• Be expected, in time, to fully understand the business through active involvement to enable the effective performance of the organisation;
• Work closely with other public, private and voluntary organisations and will make sure that the views of patients, carers and families are fully involved in helping to shape, develop and improve services;
• Analyse and critically review complex information and contribute to sound decision making.
• Ability to contribute to the ‘governance and finance’ of the Health Board, ensuring it is open and honest in its work by contributing fully in the decision making process.
To be considered, you must be able to demonstrate that you have the qualities, skills and experience to meet all the essential criteria for appointment.
• An understanding of health issues and priorities in the Health Board area and the ability to understand the role and work of the Board;
• Ability to hold the executives to account for performance whilst maintaining a constructive relationship;
• Ability to provide a knowledgeable, impartial and balanced perspective on a range of sensitive and complex issues;
• An understanding of the principles of good governance.
For further information regarding the selection process, please contact:
Public Appointments Team, Public Bodies Unit Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information regarding the Powys Teaching Health Board and the role of Independent Members please contact:
Vivienne Harpwood, Chair of Powys Teaching Health Board Tel: 01874 712643
If you need any further assistance in applying for this role, please contact email@example.com.
For further information about Public Appointments in Wales, please visit www.gov.wales/publicappointments
|English - Information for Candidates - 2x IM General PTHB|
|Welsh - Information for Candidates - 2x IM General PTHB|