Isle of Wight NHS Trust, 2 Non-executive Directors and up to 2 Associate Non-executive DirectorsAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Location:||Isle of Wight|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Remuneration:||£13,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||2-3 days a month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Debbie Beaven as Non-executive Director of Isle of Wight NHS Trust from 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2023. She is entitled to receive a remuneration of £13,000 per annum and has declared no political activity. Further information may be available at https://www.iow.nhs.uk/
Closed for Applications
23/11/2021 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
There are vacancies for two Non-executive Directors (NEDs) and up to two Associate NEDs at Isle of Wight NHS Trust (IOW). This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
The Associate NED role is used successfully in the NHS to support Board succession strategy and achieving a balance of Board level skills. Associate NEDs cannot participate in any formal vote at Board.
The successful candidate for the Associate role will be appointed by the Trust but may also be considered for appointment as a NED of the Board in future, should a vacancy arise and they have the appropriate skills.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior level experience in one of the following areas:
• Clinical and patient safety expertise gained from medical, nursing, allied disciplines or social care experience at a senior level in an academic, research, regulatory or clinically focused role
• Recent, relevant finance experience in a large and complex organisation with the capacity to Chair the Finance and Infrastructure Committee, preferably with a financial qualification
• HR, and workforce development expertise gained at a strategic level
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live in or have strong connections with the areas served by the trust.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Melloney Poole, the Chair of the Trust. Please contact Annette.firstname.lastname@example.org
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Helen Barlow on 0300 123 2038 or by emailing email@example.com
How to Apply
Please read the candidate information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net.
|S2427 IOW NHS NED Info Pack|
|S2427 Monitoring Form|