Isle of Wight NHS Trust - 2 x Non-executive DirectorsAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||Isle of Wight|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Time Requirements:||2 to 3 days a month|
|Closing Date:||02/10/2018 11:00|
|Interviews:||24 October 2018|
The Isle of Wight NHS Trust (the Trust) is the only integrated acute, community, mental health and ambulance health care provider in England. 140,000 people live on the island but the population doubles during the summer months.
The Trust is looking for two new Non-Executive Directors (NEDs) to share their talents and expertise to help transform health and care services on the island and make a positive difference to the lives of people in the community.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have recent and relevant senior level experience in one of the following areas:
- Post 1: Clinical and patient safety expertise gained from medical, nursing, allied disciplines or social care experience at a senior level in an academic, research, regulatory or clinically focused
- Post 2: Finance experience gained in a large and complex organisation with the ability to Chair the Audit Committee, preferably with a financial
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
The Trust’s needs are constantly changing, evolving and developing. If you believe that you have skills that are relevant to the Isle of Wight NHS Trust but do not meet the criteria for either of these two roles, they would still like to hear from you.
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references may be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
closing date for receipt of applications: 2 October 2018 at 11am. Please forward your completed application to Chairsandneds@nhs.net
|Monitoring Form (S1533)|
|Information Pack (S1533)|