Isle of Wight NHS Trust - ChairAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||You should have strong connections with the Isle of Wight. The successful candidate can be either Island or mainland based, providing that they live within reasonable travel distance|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||The remuneration for this role is £30,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||On average, it will require 2 to 3 days a week|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Vaughan Thomas as Chair of Isle of Wight NHS Trust from 2 October 2017 to 1 October 2019.
Date: 11/10/2017View Announcement
Closed for Applications
04/09/2017 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
Isle of Wight NHS Trust is the only integrated acute, community, mental health and ambulance health care provider in England. 140,000 people live on the island but the population doubles during the summer months. We are looking for a new Chair for the Trust who will provide the visible leadership, support and challenge the Trust needs.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
To request an information pack please contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing email@example.com
Find out more
Isle of Wight NHS Trust – for an informal and confidential discussion with Maggie Oldham, Interim Chief Executive on 01983 534204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hunter Healthcare is helping us to identify potential candidates, if you would like a confidential discussion about the role contact Rhiannon Smith, Partner on 020 7935 4570 or email email@example.com
NHS Improvement – to register your interest and request an information pack please contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for receipt of applications: 11am on 4 September 2017
- Preliminary interviews: early-mid September 2017
- Stakeholder engagement: the shortlisted candidates will be invited to the Trust to meet groups of its key stakeholders on 21 September 2017
- Interview date: 22 September 2017 at the trust headquarters on the island
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
- confirm your preferred email and telephone contact details
This information should be emailed to email@example.com quoting reference S1314 in the subject line.Return to NHS Appointments