Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust, Non-executive Director x3 and Associate Non-executive Director x2Announced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sector:||Health and Social Care|
|Location:||Kent and Medway|
|Number of Vacancies:||5|
|Remuneration:||£10,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||2 to 3 days per month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS England / NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointments of Fiona Carragher from 1/11/2020 to 30/04/2024, Peter Conway from 1/10/2020 to 31/03/2023 and Kim Lowe from 1/11/2020 to 30/04/2024. They will each receive remuneration of £11,500 per annum and they have not declared nay political activity. KMPT has also appointed two Associate Non-executive Directors.
Date: 23/09/2020View Announcement
Closed for Applications
20/02/2020 at 11:00
7 and 9 April 2020 for shortlisted candidates
Final Interview Date
22 and 23 April 2020
23/09/2020 at 10:00
We have vacancies for three NEDs and two Associate NEDs at Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT). This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
The Associate NED role is used successfully in the NHS to support Board succession strategy and achieving a balance of Board level skills. Associate NEDs cannot participate in any formal vote at Board.
The successful candidates for the Associate roles will be appointed by the Trust but may also be considered for appointment as NEDs of the Board in future, should vacancies arise and they have the appropriate skills.
Whatever your background, we are interested in your ability to add to the existing board members’ life/lived experience and bring personal insights into one or more of the following:
- The experience of gender and women’s issues
- Younger People
- Those who are open about their faith
- The lives of people from socially deprived backgrounds
- Those who live with a disability
- Those who are openly LGBTQ+
If you are interested in the Trust’s aspiring NEDs development opportunities, please visit http://www.bring-yourself.com/ to register your interest.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to improving the quality of service for those we serve and to the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior level experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Clinical and patient safety expertise gained from medical, nursing, allied disciplines or social care experience at a senior level in an academic, research, regulatory or clinically focused role
- Experience of working in partner organisations within the wider health economy
- Recent, relevant finance experience in a large and complex organisation with the capacity to Chair the Audit Committee, preferably, with a financial qualification
- Experience of working across organisational boundaries to deliver solutions and strong partnership and relationship building expertise
- Experience of user led design, service design or customer service experience
- Experience of delivering large scale cultural change and organisational development over the medium term
- Experience of the use of technology to drive improvements in user experience, staff experience and wider efficiency and productivity
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
- For further information about the Trust and these opportunities please visit www.bring-yourself.com.
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Julie Nerney the Chair of the Trust. Please contact Sharon Tree on 01622 724126
- Gatenby Sanderson – are helping us to identify potential candidates. For more information, please contact Robin Staveley MBE, Partner at Gatenby Sanderson on 0113 205 6283. You can also visit Gatenby Sanderson’s microsite for further information.
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing email@example.com
How to Apply
Please read the information pack to find out how to apply.