Whittington Health NHS Trust - non-executive director
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||Applicants should live in or have strong connections with the local community served by the trust in the London Boroughs of Haringey and Islington.|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£11,500 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||On average this role will require the equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month, however the time commitment may vary and a flexible approach should be taken.|
Closed for Applications
10/03/2020 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director at Whittington Health NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
In addition to your membership of the board, you will also bring your skills to the board’s Quality Committee and Workforce Assurance Committee.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will meet at least two of the following essential criteria:
- Board level experience gained in a large and complex organisation
- Board level leadership of quality, safety and workforce issues, with a particular emphasis on patients or community engagement
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
- demonstrate a focus on patient care and reducing health inequalities
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Modelopens in a new window.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
The trust – we strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Anu Singh, the interim Chair of the trust. Please contact her on firstname.lastname@example.org (email) or 020 7288 5968 (phone)
NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Leslie Horn on 0300 123 2057 or by emailing email@example.com
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references may be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies the information pack and is available for download from the NHS Improvement website
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
|20200214 L1976 InformationPack|