Land Registry Non-Executive Board Member and Chair of Audit & Risk CommitteeAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy|
|Sector:||Business, Finance & Skills|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£20,000 per annum.|
|Time Requirements:||The Board meets eight times a year, both at the London HQ and in its other offices across England and Wales.|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.View Announcement
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
UKGI Director • Departmental Official
Chair of Land Registry • Representative of Organisation
Finance Non-Executive Board Member
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Provide independent and objective guidance to the Board and Executive team on accounting and finance matters;
- Contribute to the maintenance of an effective Board together with appropriate corporate governance in line with best practice;
- Act as a source of support to the Executive management team;
- Chair the HM Land Registry’s Audit and Risk Committee; and
- Promote awareness and understanding of the audit and risk function.
It is essential that the successful candidate bring an:
- Ability to develop strategy at a senior level across all areas of a business, challenge assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and provide financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers;
- Ability to interpret complex financial information;
- Ability to assess the effectiveness of systems of internal control and risk management systems;
- Understanding of accounting standards and how to apply them;
- Ability to operate at senior Board level; and
- Strong communications and stakeholder management skills, including the ability to mentor senior executives as appropriate.
It is desirable that the successful candidate bring:
- An understanding and appreciation of the role of HM Land Registry in upholding property integrity for the UK economy;
- A focus on providing challenge and guidance on HM Land Registry’s transformation into a digitised and data-driven registration business and contributing to the monitoring of the transformation;
- A Strong technical background in internal audit and control;
- An experience of IT transformation; and
- An understanding of the public sector.
Headed by the Non-Executive Chair, Michael Mire, the Board currently comprises a mix of Executive and Non-Executive Directors. The Board is collectively responsible for the oversight of the operation of Land Registry, with emphasis on its strategic direction, management control, and corporate governance. All NEBMs are expected to contribute substantially to decisions covering the strategy for the organisation and the overall direction of the business, adding value by offering wise counsel, advice and challenge.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is September 10th.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Please submit the following documents by email to email@example.com
A Covering Letter
- A CV
- Candidates Application Form
- Diversity Monitoring Form
Please ensure that you include “Land Registry NEBM, Finance” in the subject box, making it clear which specialist role you are applying for.
Alternatively, you can send your application in hard copy to:
Public Appointments Team, 7th Floor, Spur 2, 1 Victoria Street, London, SW1H OET
Applicant packs can be provided in other formats upon request.
|Land Registry NEBM - Diversity Form|