Lay Member for Humber and South Yorkshire Recruitment Advisory CommitteeAnnounced
|Body:||Humber and South Yorkshire Recruitment Advisory Committee|
|Appointing Department:||Ministry of Justice|
|Location:||Humber and South Yorkshire Criminal Justice Area|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Remuneration:||HMCTS will meet the cost of the independent panel member ie Travel and Subsistence and Financial Loss of Earnings where appropriate|
|Time Requirements:||On average around two or three meetings per year together with interviews as required.|
|Closing Date:||31/05/2019 12:00|
|Interviews:||It is anticipated that interviews will take place in June 2019 at the Doncaster Justice Centre North.|
Non-Magistrate Member of the Humber and South Yorkshire Recruitment Advisory Committee.
- Good inter-personal skills
- Ability to participate in interviewing candidates for the magistracy. Experience of interviewing is an advantage but is not essential
- Good judge of character and ability: objectivity
- Ability to articulate clear, well founded reason on the suitability or otherwise of candidates
- Awareness of own prejudices and ability to set them aside
- Discretion in handling confidential information
- Understanding or willingness to acquire understanding of the needs of the bench
- Willingness and ability to talk about the magistracy and to participate in recruitment events
- Ability to work as a team member
- Commitment, dedication and enthusiasm
- Willingness to undergo such training as may, from time to time, be prescribed by the Lord Chancellor.
Candidates will not generally be reimbursed for the cost of travelling to and from the interview, or for any other expenses incurred in the process of pursuing their application.
How to Apply
Please see the following attached:
Appendix 1B (Part 1) – Applying to become a member of an advisory committee or sub-committee: notes of guidance
Appendix 1B (Part 2) – Application for appointment as a member of the Lord Chancellor’s advisory committee
Appendix 1C (Part 1) – Reference for an applicant for appointment as a non-magistrate member of the Lord Chancellor’s advisory committee
Appendix 1C (Part 2) – Reference for an applicant for appointment as a non-magistrate member of the Lord Chancellor’s – guidance for referees
Appendix 1D – Diversity and data monitoring questionnaire
Appendix 1G – Declaration for register of advisory committee members’ interests
Completed forms should be submitted to HSY-JSU@justice.gov.uk no later than 12 noon on
31 May 2019.