Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust, Non-executive Director x2
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Time Requirements:||2 - 3 days per month|
Closed for Applications
22/10/2020 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
There are vacancies for two Non-executive Directors (NEDs) at Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust (LCH). We need diverse, inclusive and compassionate leaders who not only reflect the community LCH serve and the staff they employ but have the leadership style and breadth of perspective to make good collective decisions. This is a call to action for you to share your talents and experience and make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
Personally, you will bring a range of professional expertise as well as community understanding and experience. Candidates will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the desire to promote excellent health care services, as well as lived experience gained within a complex private, public or voluntary sector organisation in one of the following areas:
Post 1: Senior level finance experience with the ability to Chair the Audit Committee.
Post 2: Business and commercially focussed experience, demonstrating strategic planning, financial management and performance management expertise.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, and skills to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge using strong analytical skills to review and interpret complex information to identify risks and evaluate options
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust shape and support an inclusive, compassionate, person-centred culture for the trust, encouraging diversity, change and innovation using a collaborative and engaging leadership style
- achieve the best sustainable outcomes for patients and service users by encouraging continuous improvement, clinical excellence and value for money
- balance organisational governance priorities with system collaboration; able to form alliances and work diplomatically across complex interfaces to prioritise population health in line with the NHS Long Term Plan.
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should have strong connections with the Leeds area and preferably have lived or worked in the city or surrounding area.
For information about the Trust, such as business plans, annual reports, and services, visit their website.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black, Asian and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Brodie Clark CBE, the Chair of the trust. Please contact Bridget Lockwood on 0113 220 8503
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Read the information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net
|N2223 Monitoring Form|
|N2223 NHS LCH NED Info Pack|