Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust - 2 Non-executive DirectorsAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||London Boroughs of Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley and Bromley|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Remuneration:||The remuneration payable for this role is £6,157 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||On average this role will require the equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month|
|Closing Date:||09/11/2017 11:00|
|Interviews:||23 November 2017|
We are recruiting two non-executive directors for Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
We are also recruiting an advisor to the board. Please see vacancy reference L1567 for further information.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior level experience in one or more of the following:
- Operational management of a large and complex organisation (in any sector, as the requirement is to understand the challenges of complexity both within and external to the organisation)
- Commercial / business acumen; experience of tough commercial negotiations
- Customer service delivery in a challenging financial and regulatory environment. Experience in financial recovery would be an advantage
- Experience of promoting and embedding equality and diversity (all under-represented groups not just BAME)
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills, and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
- All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 9 November 2017 at 11.00am. Please forward your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: 23 November 2017
Proposed start date: to be confirmed
Getting in touch
For an informal and confidential discussion with Val Davison, the Chair of the trust, please contact Sylvie Hogwood or Jo Cleary on 020 3192 6434 prior to the closing date.
NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Leslie Horn on 0300 123 2057 or by emailing email@example.com
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
|20170922 L1422 Monitoring Form|
|20171012 L1422 InformationPack|