Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust, Non-executive DirectorClosed
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Location:||Applicants should live in, or have strong connections with, the area served by the Trust (the London Boroughs of Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley and Bromley). We will consider applications from those with the appropriate experience living in the surrounding areas.|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||2 - 3 days per month|
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director at Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services.
You will have board experience as either an Executive Director or Non- Executive Director gained in a large and complex organisation with one or more of the following areas of expertise:
- Experience of working across organisations, and organisational types, to deliver enhanced services for users
- Continuous improvement of customer service in a challenging financial and regulatory environment in the context of increasing demand and complexity.
Experience in the following would also be beneficial
- Commercial Experience of negotiating complex estates redevelopment programmes in a highly regulated environment with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of promoting and embedding equality, diversity and inclusion (across all under-represented or disadvantaged groups)
- Experience as a member of a Board Committee with a good grasp of governance and assurance
You will also need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the Board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
In advertising this position, we particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, disabled people who these are currently under-represented on our Trust Board. We also welcome applications from LGB, Trans and non-binary candidates.
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Val Davison, the Chair of the Trust. Please contact Lisa Bunting on 020 3192 6264.
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Helen Barlow on 0300 123 2038 or by emailing email@example.com NHS England / NHS Improvement
|L2308 Monitoring Form|