Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust - 2 Non-executive DirectorsAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Location:||Applicants should preferably live in or have strong connections with Lincolnshire.|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Remuneration:||£6,157 per annum.|
|Time Requirements:||As a minimum these roles will require the equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month.|
|Closing Date:||25/08/2017 17:00|
|Interviews:||Post one - 13 September 2017 and Post two - 29 September 2017|
Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust are recruiting 2 non-executive directors. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services.
- Recent, relevant financial experience gained at senior or board level in a complex environment. Applicants should hold a CCAB, CIMA or equivalent professional accounting qualification. The successful individual would be required to Chair the Trust’s Audit Committee and be a member of other assurance committees as assigned by the Board Chair.
- Strategic leader with commercial business and governance experience gained in a strong customer focused industry, where quality of service is a priority. You should also have change management expertise gained in a complex environment. The successful candidate will be required to be a member of different assurance committees as assigned by the Board Chair.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should preferably live in or have strong connections with Lincolnshire.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
- For an informal and confidential discussion with Elaine Baylis, the Chair of the trust, please contact Rachel Lane on Rachel.email@example.com or telephone 01522 308965.
- Prospective applicants interested in the Audit Committee Chair role are also invited to have an informal conversation with the current Chair, David Woodward who can be contacted through Rachel Lane, as above.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for either of these roles please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a clear indication of which role you are applying for
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer.
- If applicable, please provide details of where you have been involved in any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
Please forward your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
|20170731 Information pack final|
|20170807 M1511 Monitoring Form|