London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust - Non-executive DirectorAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||North West London|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£6,157 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||On average this role will require the equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month|
|Closing Date:||04/06/2018 11:00|
|Interviews:||11 July 2018 after 1pm|
We are recruiting a non-executive director for London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
The successful candidate will be expected to take on the role of Chair of the Audit Committee and will be a member of at least one other Board committee as well as a full voting member of the Trust Board of Directors.
We are looking for an individual with recent and relevant senior finance experience with a financial qualification. You will also ideally have previous NHS or Board level experience and/or experience of being a member of an Audit Committee although this is not essential.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. Candidates should also have recent and relevant senior finance experience with relevant qualification/s.
Board level experience in one or more of the following would be an advantage:
- property development or management, strategy development and implementation, charitable endeavours, organisational development
- Previous NHS experience
- Audit Committee experience
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust.
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Modelopens in a new window
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Find out more
The trust – for an informal and confidential discussion with Peter Worthington, the Chair of the trust, please contact Sandra Adams, Director of Corporate Affairs on 07387 230486.
NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Leslie Horn on 0300 123 2057 or by emailing email@example.com
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
Please forward your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
|20180430 L1667 Information Pack|
|20180313 Monitoring Form|