London Ambulance Service NHS Trust, Non-executive Director (L2316)Closed
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£11,500, with an increase on 1 April 2021 to £13,000 pa|
|Time Requirements:||2 - 3 days per month|
Closed for Applications
17/02/2021 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
10 March or 12 March 2021 TBC
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director (NED) at London Ambulance Service NHS Trust (LAS). This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services.
- A qualified finance professional, you will have senior experience that has broadened into a wider leadership role
- You will have prior experience as a Non-executive Director
- It would be desirable if you bring some previous or current knowledge of the NHS
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life (the ‘Nolan principles’) – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should ideally live in or have strong connections with London.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
Find out more
- Anderson Quigley are helping us to identify potential candidates. If you would like a confidential discussion about the role contact Helene Usherwood, Partner, on 07719 322669 or email at Helene@andersonquigley.com
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Helen Barlow on 0300 123 2038 or by emailing email@example.com
|LAS Candidate Recruitment Pack - 29 Jan 2021|
|L2316 Monitoring Form|