London & Continental Railways - Non-Executive DirectorClosed
|Body:||London and Continental Railways Ltd|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Transport|
|Sectors:||Business, Finance & Skills, Transport|
|Skills required:||Business / Commercial, Change Management, HR, Transformation|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£20,000 pa, plus £5000 allowance for chairing committees|
|Time Requirements:||2 days per month|
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Nick Markham Added 02/02/2021
Chair, London & Continental Railways Ltd • Representative of Organisation
Peter Hawthorne Added 02/02/2021
CEO, London and Continental Railways Ltd • Representative of Organisation
Kirsty Austin Added 02/02/2021
Deputy Director, DfT • Departmental Official
An exciting opportunity exists for an Independent NED with Human Resources and Transformation expertise to join the Board of LCR, a dynamic and ambitious development and regeneration company focused on delivering significant social, economic and financial benefits from rail related assets.
Positioned on the cusp of the public-private sector, LCR has gained an enviable track record of working in partnership with the private sector and other public bodies to deliver large scale, world class regeneration projects enabled by rail infrastructure, most notably at King’s Cross and Stratford, and more recently at Mayfield in Manchester.
LCR is a limited company owned wholly by the Department for Transport (DfT). Further information about LCR can be found on our website www.lcrproperty.co.uk
We are seeking an Independent Non-Executive Director to join the Board of LCR and to also Chair LCR’s Nomination and Remuneration Committees.
The successful candidates will also be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- significant and demonstrable experience of all aspects of Human resources, Transformation and Change with concrete evidence of continuous professional development and a suitable and relevant professional qualification;
- strong communication skills, including an ability to offer challenge in a constructive, straightforward and open manner;
- the ability to challenge and support the development of management and strategic plans by applying relevant private sector approaches and/or experience in a public sector context;
- the ability to successfully deliver change: experience of transforming business processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness at significantly lower cost;
- a solid appreciation of risk management: Significant experience of assessing and managing risks, including high risk and high value projects and risks with a public interest element;
- a good understanding and appreciation of complex organisations operating in a political environment with experience in an industry which can draw strong parallels with the business of government. You will be comfortable engaging with Ministers and Officials, and understand how to be effective in a public sector context; and
- a solid commitment to high ethical standards of integrity and honesty, and an understanding of the value and importance of the Seven Principles of Public Life.
|LCR NED Candidate Pack|