Members (Welsh Essential)Closed
|Body:||Welsh Industrial Development Advisory Board|
|Appointing Department:||Welsh Government|
|Sectors:||Business, Finance & Skills, Science & Technology, Transport|
|Location:||Meetings held in Treforest near Pontypridd, South Wales|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Remuneration:||£198 per day plus travel and other expenses within reasonable limits.|
|Time Requirements:||1 Day Per Month|
Closed for Applications
01/03/2019 at 16:00
Final Interview Date
Sioned Evans Added 20/02/2019
Director Business and Regions • Independent Member
Political Activity - Notes -
Dr David Owen Added 20/02/2019
TBC • Independent Member
Political Activity - Notes -
Function of body
Originally established under the Welsh Development Agency Act 1975, WIDAB advises Ministers and Senior Welsh Government officials on issues relating to the Welsh Economy and assist them in their ambition to promote inclusive growth across Wales.
The Cabinet Secretary for Economy and Transport is seeking to refresh the Board in light of the new Prosperity for All: Economic Action Plan and the fresh challenges that face the Welsh Economy. As a result we are seeking to appoint seven members to assist the newly appointed Chair.
Members of the Board will be expected to analyse commercial, technical and financial information, and assess the merit of these applications and make recommendations to the Cabinet Secretary.
To be considered, you must be able to demonstrate that you have the following qualities, skills and experience to meet all the essential criteria for appointment.
- Strong understanding of the regional economic opportunities, threats and strengths in the discrete regions of North Wales, Mid and West Wales and South East Wales, whilst appreciating the issues relevant to Wales on a national basis
- Ability to analyse and assess commercial, technical and financial information (usually written) provided in support of grant applications and describe the main strengths and weaknesses of a case and the conclusions drawn
- Sound communications skills and confidence in putting forward views based on particular experience
- Willingness to listen and quickly assess the contributions from Board colleagues and officials.
- A clear understanding and commitment to equality issues
- A clear understanding and commitment to Nolan’s ‘Seven Principles of Public Life’.
The Board will also require members with expertise and experience in the following areas;
- Tourism & Food
- ICT, FinTech & Digital Services
- Advance Materials, Manufacturing and cotemporary Construction
- The environment and low carbon economy
Welsh language skills
The board, consisting of a Chair and 7 members, requires two member to be classed as a Welsh speaker, therefore Welsh language skills are essential for two member positions.
For further information regarding the selection process, please contact:
Public Appointments Team
For further information regarding the role of the WIDAB and the role of Members please contact Zoe Lewis:
Tel: 03000 615761
|WIDAB - Members - Information for Candidates (Welsh essential) (E)|
|WIDAB - Members - Information for Candidates (Welsh essential) (W)|