Members - Community Health Councils (various locations)Closed
|Body:||Community Health Councils (various locations)|
|Appointing Department:||Welsh Government|
|Sectors:||Communities, Health and Social Care|
|Location:||Various - See Annex D of the candidate pack for details.|
|Number of Vacancies:||Numerous|
|Remuneration:||CHC members are volunteers. Once appointed members can claim for travel and other reasonable expenses in accordance with the CHC’s policies.|
|Time Requirements:||3-5 days per month|
Closed for Applications
01/10/2021 at 16:00
Final Interview Date
TBC Added 29/07/2021
TBC Added 29/07/2021
Representative of Organisation
TBC Added 30/07/2021
What do Community Health Council members do?
Some of the activities of the CHC, for example supporting individuals to raise a concern are carried out by the staff of the CHC. The role of CHC members is to provide a viewpoint from the public’s perspective. Members may be involved in the following activities, visiting, and scrutinising local health services, including:
- visits to GP surgeries, clinics and hospitals, listening to the views and experiences of patients, carers and staff;
- participating in committees and working groups set up to monitor and review NHS performance;
- read and comment upon a wide range of NHS documents;
- continuously engaging with the communities they represent and the health service providers serving those communities; and
- representing the interests of patients and the public in the planning and agreement of NHS service changes.
To be considered, you must be able to demonstrate that you have the qualities, skills and experience to meet all the essential criteria for appointment.
Members do not need to be experts in the work of the NHS. We are looking for individuals from all walks of life who have a genuine interest in helping their local community to improve the services provided by the NHS.
Candidates must demonstrate a clear understanding and commitment to:
– Equality issues and challenging discriminatory practices; and
– Nolan’s ‘Seven Principles of Public Life’.
CHC members will be expected to abide by a Code of Conduct for CHC members. The Code covers issues such as the values of CHCs, personal conduct, confidentiality and equal opportunities.
Members will need to demonstrate:
– a genuine interest in listening to others and have very strong social skills;
– an ability to represent others in a balanced way;
– an ability to relate to people of different backgrounds; and
– an ability to work effectively as part of a team.
For further information regarding the selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information regarding the role of the members please contact the Board of CHCs on :
Tel: 02920 235558 or
If you need any further assistance in applying for this role, please contact email@example.com.
For further information about Public Appointments in Wales, please visit www.gov.wales/publicappointments.
For candidates interested in viewing an Easy Read version of the Information for Candidates Pack, please click here.
|Community Health Councils - Members - Information for Candidates (English)|
|Community Health Councils - Members - Information for Candidates (Welsh)|