Members of the Human Tissue Authority - (VAC-1747)Closed
|Body:||Human Tissue Authority|
|Appointing Department:||Department of Health|
|Number of Vacancies:||5|
|Remuneration:||Members will be remunerated at the standard rate of £7,883 per annum.|
|Time Requirements:||2-3 days per month|
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
DHSC Deputy Director, Health Ethics
Chair of HTA • Representative of Organisation
Thank you for your interest in the role of Board Member of the Human Tissue Authority. These are important and demanding times for the health sector, for innovation in the life sciences and for issues about public trust and professional confidence. Consequently, our role as the regulator for the ethical use of human tissue has never been more vital.
We and the other regulators in the health system and the life sciences are increasingly collaborating to find joint ways of sharing data and our understanding of risk. We are in the process of co-locating with many of the other regulators, which will help build on the increased joint working we have undertaken during the pandemic. Together we hope to develop our ability to learn about new approaches to digitally enabled inspection and assurance as well as to discuss developments in regulation and the life sciences and issues of joint concern about patient safety and public confidence.
Ministers are seeking to make five appointments to the board of the Human Tissue Authority (HTA).
Role and Responsibilities of a Member
As a Member of the HTA you will:
- Support the Chair in setting the strategic direction of the HTA, encouraging, and enabling the HTA to be a first-class regulator of human tissue.
- Support the Chair in developing the HTA in-line with the organisation’s strategic aims while maintaining a positive, constructive, and appropriate relationship with its stakeholders to ensure confidence in the work of the HTA.
- Provide an independent view, a substantive contribution, and constructive challenge at Board meetings and sub committees; and
- Monitor the performance of the HTA’s Executive, holding it to account for the delivery of the HTA’s business plan, HM Treasury and Department of Health and Social Care requirements.
To be considered, you must be able to demonstrate that you have the qualities, skills and experience to meet all the essential criteria for appointment.
- Commitment to the objectives of the HTA and with the interest and drive to make a real contribution to the Board.
- Ability to provide effective scrutiny and challenge to the Executive and to hold them to account for the delivery of its strategy.
- Ability to think strategically and to exercise sound judgement on complex and sensitive issues.
- The highest standards of personal propriety in relation to governance, accountability, risk, and financial management.
In addition, we are particularly looking for candidates who bring skills and experience in one of the following areas:
- Leading digital transformation;
- Expertise in law and regulation;
- Professional experience in any of the sectors regulated by the HTA;
- Experience of organ donation and transplantation either from a patient or practitioner perspective.
For further details on the HTA and role of member please see the candidate information pack below.
|14.1_Monitoring_form_Word_version.docx - June 2021.docx 1|
|Monitoring Form pdf|
|HTA Information Pack Ext|