North Bristol NHS Trust, 2 Non-executive DirectorsAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Time Requirements:||Equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month|
Closed for Applications
11/10/2018 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
We are recruiting 2 Non-executive Directors for North Bristol NHS Trust. Candidates will need to have either Clinical and patient safety expertise, or organisational development and engagement expertise.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior or board level experience gained within a large complex environment in one of the following:
- Clinical and patient safety expertise gained from medical, nursing, allied disciplines or social care experience at a senior level in an academic, research, regulatory or clinically focused role
- Organisational development and engagement expertise gained at a strategic level in a commercial environment
For both posts, you will need to demonstrate a commitment to the NHS and specifically North Bristol NHS Trust. You will also need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Modelopens in a new window.
Applicants should live in or have strong connections with Bristol or the surrounding areas of North Somerset, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- The Trust – For an informal and confidential discussion with Michele Romaine, the Chair of the trust, please contact Angela Grant on 0117 414 3816
- NHS Improvement – For general enquiries contact Joe Porter on 0300 123 2908 or by emailing Joe.email@example.com
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role, please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references may be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
The closing date for receipt of applications: 11 October 2018 at 11am. Please forward your completed application to Chairsandneds@nhs.net
|S1689 - Monitoring Form|
|S1689 - Information pack|