NEST Corporation: Trustee Member - Customer & DigitalAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||Department for Work and Pensions|
|Sector:||Business, Finance & Skills|
|Skills required:||Communication / Media / Marketing, IT / Digital|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£12,700 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||Approx. 20 days per year|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
Date: 15/08/2018View Announcement
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
15/08/2018 at 17:00
Director for Private Pensions and ALB Partnership • Departmental Official
Chair NEST • Representative of Organisation
Sir Peter Spencer
We are seeking to appoint Trustee Members. Each Trustee Member will:
- Contribute to NEST’s NCGB meetings and discussions, drawing on their field of expertise;
- Contribute through ad hoc involvement with the executive team on specific areas of interest/priority on behalf of the NCGB, particularly in the area of use of digital technologies in engaging and serving customers;
- Contribute to and review the strategic direction of the Corporation and the scheme;
- Oversee the performance of the Chief Executive and her team in delivering NEST’s functions efficiently and effectively;
- Monitor the extent to which the Governing Body is meeting its objectives and targets;
- Act as a confidant and counsel to the NEST Chair, balancing a challenging approach with being supportive;
- Ensure effective reporting of the Governing Body’s activities to the Secretary of State in the annual report;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Board’s internal financial controls;
- Where appropriate, represent NEST with external stakeholders, and help it build relationships with key private and public sector players; and
- Contribute their own professional experience to guide the development of NEST in a way that is supportive, collegiate and adds value.
Trustee Member – Customer & Digital skills:
- Experience in developing and delivering customer technology solutions including uses of big data and behavioural applications;
- Experience in delivering high quality customer service within a broad customer base, including oversight and monitoring of customer experience and relationship management strategies;
- (Significant) knowledge of wider digital technology landscape and innovation, particularly in consumer facing industries; and
- An understanding of brand development.Details of the skills required for the three other Trustee Member positions are provided in a separate candidate information document.
How to Apply
In order for us to progress your application please submit the following completed documentation:
- A CV with your education and professional qualifications and full employment history.
- An accompanying Supporting Letter (maximum 2 pages, font 12) – setting out how you meet each of the essential and desirable criteria set out on page 4. You should provide specific examples that demonstrate how your knowledge and experience matches each of the criteria, and which describe what your role was in achieving a specific result. Please ensure your full name and the post you are applying for are clearly noted at the top of your letter.
- Please complete the Public Appointment Monitoring Form. Monitoring information will not be disclosed to anyone involved in assessing your application. This form includes:
- Personal information
- Equal opportunities monitoring declaration;
- Political activity declaration; and
- Conflicts of interest declaration.
- Closing date for applications is 11pm Sunday 25 February 2018. Late applications will not be accepted. Please email your application to: email@example.com
If you are unable to apply by email you may send your application by post to:
Carmela Keogh, ALB Public Appointments Team, Department for Work and Pensions | Private Pensions and Stewardship | 1st Floor, Caxton House | Tothill Street | SW1H 9NA