NEST Corporation: Trustee MembersAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||Department for Work and Pensions|
|Sector:||Business, Finance & Skills|
|Skills required:||Accountancy, Audit and Risk, Business / Commercial|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Remuneration:||£19,050 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||Approx 30 days|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
Date: 15/08/2018View Announcement
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
15/08/2018 at 17:00
Director for Private Pensions and ALB Partnership • Departmental Official
Chair NEST • Representative of Organisation
Sir Peter Spencer
Each Trustee Member will:
- Contribute to NEST’s Governing Body meetings and discussions, drawing on their field of expertise;
- Contribute to and review the strategic direction of the Corporation and the scheme;
- Oversee the performance of the Chief Executive and her team in delivering NEST’s functions efficiently and effectively;
- Monitor the extent to which the Governing Body is meeting its objectives and targets;
- Ensure effective reporting of the Governing Body’s reporting of its activities to the Secretary of State in the annual report;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the NEST’s internal financial controls;
- Act as a confidante and counsel to the NEST Chair, balancing a challenging approach with being supportive;
- Contribute through ad hoc involvement with the executive team on specific areas of interest/priority on behalf of the Governing Body;
- Where appropriate, represent NEST with external stakeholders, and help it build relationships with key private and public sector players; and
- Contribute their own professional experience to guide the development of NEST in a way that is supportive, collegiate and adds value.
Of the four Trustee Members required, the following areas of expertise are needed:
- Trustee Member One – Audit skills, including:
- Strong financial literacy skills and CCAB qualification;
- Experience working in internal or external audit; and
- Working knowledge of audit committee practices, risk management frameworks and/ or monitoring internal control processes.
- Trustee Member Two – Enterprise Risk Management skills, including:
- Practical experience in supporting the implementation and operation of strategic level Enterprise Risk appetite and tolerance for an organisation;
- Relevant and recent knowledge of Cyber and Information Security risks that threaten large scale financial organisations and their customers, ideally including practical experience incident response; and
- Up to date knowledge of Financial Crime risks that threaten large scale financial organisations and on-line e-businesses, ideally including practical experience in incident response.
- Trustee Member Three – Investments skills, including:
- Relevant defined contribution experience;
- Experience in providing oversight of broad range asset classes (including in private markets); and
- Monitoring portfolio risk management including ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) risk.
- Details of the skills required for the fourth Trustee Member are provided in a separate candidate information document.
How to Apply
In order for us to progress your application please submit the following completed documentation:
- A CV with your education and professional qualifications and full employment history.
- An accompanying Supporting Letter (maximum 2 pages, font 12) – setting out how you meet each of the essential and desirable criteria set out on page 4. You should provide specific examples that demonstrate how your knowledge and experience matches each of the criteria, and which describe what your role was in achieving a specific result. Please ensure your full name and the post you are applying for is clearly noted at the top of your letter.
- Please complete the Public Appointment Monitoring Form. Monitoring information will not be disclosed to anyone involved in assessing your application. This form includes:
- Personal information
- Equal opportunities monitoring declaration;
- Political activity declaration; and
- Conflicts of interest declaration.
- Closing date for applications is 11pm Sunday 25 February 2018. Late applications will not be accepted. Please email your application to: email@example.com
If you are unable to apply by email you may send your application by post to:
Carmela Keogh, ALB Public Appointments Team, Department for Work and Pensions | Private Pensions and Stewardship | 1st Floor, Caxton House | Tothill Street | SW1H 9NA