NHS Blood and Transplant - Non-Executive DirectorsClosed
|Body:||NHS Blood and Transplant|
|Appointing Department:||Department of Health and Social Care|
|Sector:||Health and Social Care|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Remuneration:||£7883 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||2 to 3 days per month|
Closed for Applications
06/09/2022 at 12:00
Final Interview Date
Maria Nyberg Added 29/07/2022
DHSC Senior sponsors for NHSBT • Departmental Official
Peter Wyman Added 29/07/2022
Chair of NHSBT • Representative of Organisation
Debra Bailey Added 29/07/2022
Non-Executive Director of NHS Business Services Authority • Other Panel Member
Ministers are seeking to make three Non-Executive Directors appointments to the board of the NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT).
The Department of Health and Social Care values and promotes diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community. The boards of public bodies should reflect the population they are there to serve. Boards also benefit from fresh perspectives, and we are always keen to encourage candidates new to public appointments to consider applying for our roles.
To be considered, you must be able to demonstrate that you have the qualities, skills, and experience to meet all the essential criteria for appointment.
As a Non-Executive Director, you will work with the Chair, other non-executives and the Chief Executive and her Executive team to govern the activities of NHSBT. With them you will share the corporate responsibility for the decisions of the Board and the performance of the organization. You will:
- contribute to the development of strategy, agreeing the goals, business plans and objectives of the organization, taking into account the policies of the various UK health departments as necessary
- monitor and review performance, ensuring that financial controls and systems of risk management are robust and effective
- help shape an inclusive and high performing culture in NHSBT through engaging with and providing ideas and guidance to the NHSBT team
- demonstrate a commitment to patient safety and to patients and staff being able to properly raise concerns
- represent the Board, as required, at official occasions and visits to NHSBT sites.
For further information please see the attached candidate information pack.
To be considered, you must be able to demonstrate that you have the qualities, skills, and experience to meet all the essential criteria for appointment:
- Ability to operate effectively on the board of a large and complex national organisation, contributing to challenging debate and working with others to reach decisions based on evidence and consensus.
- Ability to develop and deliver robust governance arrangements, including performance, financial and risk management.
- Understanding of the broad role of NHSBT with an ability to articulate some of its key challenges.
Skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- commercial, financial
- data and data analytics
- People / HR
Candidates can live anywhere in the UK. Typically, 3 of the 6 Board meetings each year are held in London, 2 in NHSBT sites across England and 1 meeting in one of the other UK nations.
The dates of the NHSBT Board for the rest of 2022 and 2023 are:
- 27th September 2022
- 29th November 2022
- 31st January 2023
- 28th March 2023
- 20th May 2023
- 25th July 2023
- 26th September 2023
- 28th November 2023
|Final NHSBT NED Candidate Pack 28072022|