150084 - Non-Executive Board Member of Government (Gov) Facility Services Limited (GFSL).Closed
|Body:||Non-Executive Board Member of Government (Gov) Facility Services Limited (GFSL).|
|Appointing Department:||Ministry of Justice|
|Sector:||Prison & Policing|
|Skills required:||Audit and Risk|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||Remuneration will be £7,200 for up to 24 days per annum pro rata, which equates to a daily rate of £300. There is no pension entitlement.|
|Time Requirements:||Typically, including preparation time, the time commitment required from the successful candidate is not expected to exceed 24 days per annum although this is subject to the needs of the organisation.|
Closed for Applications
15/11/2019 at 12:00
Final Interview Date
Andy Mills Added 18/10/2019
Chief Property Officer and GFSL Non-Executive Board Member • Representative of Organisation
Cheryl Avery Added 18/10/2019
MoJ Commercial Director and GFSL Non-Executive Board Member • Representative of Organisation
Head of Recruitment Policy Civil Service Commission • Independent Member
As a Non-Executive Board Member, you are expected to:
- Use personal and professional skills, experience and judgement with integrity and independence to scrutinise the short and long-term performance of GFSL; and
- Play a full part in supporting and guiding the Executive Board in achieving the aims of the business through balanced and objective decision making.
- Uphold the highest ethical standards of integrity and honesty, and demonstrate that you have an understanding of, and are committed to, the value and importance of the Seven Principles of Public Life (see appendix 1);
- There must be no employment restrictions, or time limit on your permitted stay in the UK. You should normally have been resident in the United Kingdom for at least three years prior to your application.
- Knowledge and experience of good governance at senior levels in a large organisation in either private or public sector. Knowledge of the justice sector would also be beneficial;
- Previous demonstrable experience of supporting the management and assurance of a building management, or FM related service business at Non-Executive level; and
- Have an excellent understanding of Health & Safety, and experience of the associated Legislative Statutory Compliance requirements of the industry.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Hold a recognised building services and/or Facilities Management related qualification, or equivalent;
- Exceptional communication skills, high-level of personal impact with the ability to provide constructive and independent challenge and support to the Board and build and sustain key stakeholder relationships, responding to and reconciling the differing needs of those stakeholders;
- Independence of judgment, the capacity to bring a fresh, external view to decision-making; and ability to analyse complex information, reach practical decisions and to think strategically;
- Relevant business management experience at board level, including “digital processing” in a major delivery organisation in the private, public or third sector.
- Evidence of valuing and promoting diversity.
If you have any questions about any aspects of this post, you are welcome to contact Campaign Manager, Kathy Malvo by e-mail at PublicAppointmentsTeam@justice.gov.uk
|Conflict of Interest|
|Reference Request form|
|Diversity monitoring form|
|REVISED -150084 - GFSL - Non-Executive Board Member - CIP_|