Non-Executive Director (NED) for the Defence Electronics and Components Agency (DECA)
|Body:||Ministry of Defence|
|Appointing Department:||Ministry of Defence|
|Sectors:||Business, Finance & Skills, Defence, Science & Technology|
|Location:||Head Office is located in Sealand, North Wales (Nr Chester)|
|Skills required:||Business / Commercial, Transformation|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£15,000 per annum. The appointment will be on a fee earner basis and nothing in any agreement shall be construed as forming or intending to form a contract of employment between the NED and the department.|
|Time Requirements:||Appointment will be for an initial term of 3 years, subject to an annual review. It may be extended for up to a further 3 years, subject to satisfactory performance and mutual agreement.|
This is not a ministerial appointment.
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
The role of Non-Executive Director of DECA is to provide challenge and bring independent judgement on issues such as strategy, corporate planning and business performance and to uphold high standards of governance. They will exercise this role through influence and advice, challenging and supporting the Executive.
To ensure the right mix of skills and experience on the DECA Board, an independent NED with commercial, people and business transformation skills and knowledge is required.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- to provide an independent perspective on the strategic direction of DECA.
- to encourage and support DECA’s drive for improvement as it goes through a significant period of change by objective, constructive challenge and scrutiny of its performance.
- to share knowledge and expertise with both the Board and individual Executive Directors as appropriate.
- to build effective relationships with Board colleagues, internal and external stakeholders.
- to contribute to DECA’s Committees as appropriate and to be the Chair of DECA’s Remuneration and Nomination Committee.
The Non-Executive Director should have experience of governing small and/or medium organisations and a good appreciation of the principles and governance arrangements underpinning the public sector.
In addition the following general skills and experience are sought:
- evidence of having previously made a challenging but supportive contribution at Board level in commercial and human resourcessectors through own experience and depth of expertise (essential).
- experience of delivering/supporting business transformations and culture change in small and/or medium enterprises.
- excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage and develop diverse stakeholder relationships.
- strong judgment, analysis and decision making skills.
- ability to offer a challenging but supportive contribution to the Board and to work effectively with other Board members to support generation of effective strategies, plans and performance to deliver DECA’s objectives.
- the capacity to build and foster high-value relationships with the Executive team as required.
- experience of corporate governance frameworks in small and/or medium organisations.
- an understanding of the principles underlying the public sector.
Candidates should also be able to demonstrate skills, experience or delivery in one (or more) of the following areas:
- People and Organisational Development
- Successful Change Implementation
Full details of requirements are available in the Information for Candidates
Remuneration is for up to 30 days work per annum. However, a little more time may be required in the first few months for familiarisation.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a current Curriculum Vitae (CV), including an employment history showing the more significant positions and responsibilities held. The CV should provide evidence to demonstrate the skills and experience in the areas identified for the post. Also, please provide a short covering letter, with information about experience considered most relevant to the work of the organisation. You are also required to complete the following forms; Conflicts of Interest and Previous Conduct Form (which includes the requirement for details of two referees) and Diversity and Inclusion Survey Form
Please see the Information for Candidates for further details
|2.HR.04.01F1 - Diversity and Inclusion Survey Form|
|Conflicts of Interests form|
|NED Candidate Info Pack 2019|
This post is NOT regulated by The Commissioner for Public Appointments.