Non-Executive Directors NHS Resolution (NHSR) VAC - 1717Closed
|Appointing Department:||Department of Health|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Remuneration:||The NEDs are remunerated at the standard rate of £7,883 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||2 to 3 days per month|
Closed for Applications
14/06/2021 at 12:00
Final Interview Date
DHSC senior sponsor for NHS Resolution
Chair of NHS Resolution • Representative of Organisation
Ministers are seeking to make 2 appointments to the board of NHSR.
NHS Resolution’s main function is to provide indemnity cover for negligence claims against the NHS for both primary and secondary care in England, with the aim of also assisting the NHS to manage risk and share learning from claims.
The organisation, formerly known as the NHS Litigation Authority, was re-launched as NHS Resolution in April 2017 with a new five-year strategy ‘Delivering fair resolution and learning from harm’, which gives it a greater emphasis on prevention, learning and early intervention. Its four strategic aims are:
- Resolution – resolving concerns and disputes fairly and effectively;
- Intelligence – providing analysis and expert knowledge to the healthcare and civil justice systems, to drive improvement;
- Intervention – delivering in partnership, interventions and solutions that improve safety and save money;
- Fit for purpose – offering best value and developing our people, relationships and infrastructure.
The Department of Health and Social Care values and promotes diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community. The boards of public bodies should reflect the population they are there to serve. Boards also benefit from fresh perspectives, and we are always keen to encourage candidates with private sector experience to consider applying for our roles.
- An ability to analyse complex and sometimes conflicting data and to draw balanced conclusions from information presented to you
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to gain the confidence of senior stakeholders
- First class team-working skills, with an ability to work in a corporate manner on the board of national public body.
In addition, we are seeking:
one NED who will bring clinical expertise:
- Senior clinician with experience of clinical management, for example Medical Director or Clinical Director or Royal College Council member. Whilst a broad background is essential, a specialist interest in Obstetrics and Gynaecology would be highly desirable.
one NED who will bring operational expertise:
- Experience at a senior level of the conduct and pursuit of clinical negligence claims and of the management of a clinical negligence claims business. We would be particularly interested in candidates who have recently retired or departed from claims work or are shortly planning to do so.
For further information please review the Candidate Information Pack attached below.
|NHSR Candidate Information Pack Final|