Non-Executive Director - Single Financial Guidance Body (SFGB)
|Body:||Single FInancial Guidance Body|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Work and Pensions|
|Sectors:||Business, Finance & Skills, Charity & Public Sector|
|Skills required:||Accountancy, Audit and Risk, Change Management, Communication / Media / Marketing, IT / Digital, Legal / Judicial, Major Projects, Transformation|
|Number of Vacancies:||Up to 4|
|Remuneration:||£15,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||Up to 30 days per annum|
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Director, Private Pensions • Departmental Official
Deputy Director, HM Treasury • Other Panel Member
SFGB Chair • Representative of Organisation
Former OCPA/Public Appointments Assessor • Independent Member
In October 2016 the Government announced that it plans to replace the three current guidance organisations – The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS), Pension Wise and the Money Advice Service (MAS), with a single public body, offering debt advice, money and pensions guidance – the Single Financial Guidance Body (SFGB).
The Department of Work & Pensions now wishes to appoint up to four NEDs to support the launch and running of the SFGB.
We are seeking up to four candidates with the right skills and abilities to work effectively in both the establishment and running of the new organisation. Each NED will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to effectively contribute to Board activity, challenging and supporting the executive team to lead the organisation;
- Ability to influence, build consensus, and communicate with a range of stakeholders, including industry, the third sector and the Devolved Authorities;
- Ability to test and analyse complex issues, evaluate proposals and address risks; and
- Ability to work in a sensitive area, sometimes under the pressure of close public scrutiny.
- We are seeking two NED candidates for particular roles with the following skills:
- For the first post (chair of the Audit & Risk Committee), the successful candidate will have senior Board level experience, up-to-date financial and accounting experience, and will either be currently working in this area or will have done so in the recent past. This person will be a qualified accountant and be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of effective risk and corporate performance management.
- For the second post, the successful candidate will have extensive consumer experience, including the ability to convey complex messages to the public with strategic purpose in a context of significant change.
- Additionally, we are seeking to appoint up to two generalist NED candidates with skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Human Resources
- Strategic Leadership
- Commercial/legal awareness
How to Apply
In order for us to progress your application please submit the following completed documentation:
- A CV (maximum 2-3 pages) with your educational and professional qualifications and full employment history.
- An accompanying Supporting Letter (maximum 2 pages, font 12) – this is your opportunity to demonstrate how you meet each of the criteria set out on page 4 and 5 of the Candidate Pack. You should aim to provide specific examples that demonstrate how your knowledge and experience matches each of the criteria, and which describe what your role was in achieving a specific result.
- Please ensure your name is clearly noted at the top of your letter.
|SFGB NED_Candidate Pack FINAL|