Non Executive Members – Civil Service Pension BoardAnnounced
|Body:||Civil Service Pension Board, Cabinet Office|
|Appointing Department:||Cabinet Office|
|Sectors:||Business, Finance & Skills, Charity & Public Sector|
|Skills required:||Accountancy, Audit and Risk, HR, Major Projects|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Remuneration:||£10k per annum plus travel related expenses|
|Time Requirements:||Approximately 10 days per annum|
Closed for Applications
25/07/2017 at 17:00
Final Interview Date
To be confirmed
Rupert McNeil Added 04/07/2017
Chief People Officer • Departmental Official
Margaret Edwards Added 04/07/2017
Chair of the Civil Service Pension Board • Representative of Organisation
Catherine Brown Added 04/07/2017
Non Executive Director Cabinet Office • Independent Member
Dominic Arthur Added 04/07/2017
Deputy Director, Cabinet Office • Departmental Official
The role of the Non Executive Member (NEM) is to provide external pensions expertise, challenge and direction to the Civil Service Pension Board so that it fulfils its responsibilities under the Public Service Pension Scheme Act 2013 (PSPA13) and the Code of Practice issued by the Pension Regulator.
We are looking to recruit two Non Executive Members who will play an important part in the governance and administration of the Civil Service pension scheme arrangements. Scheme members, employers and the Minister for the Cabinet Office, as the Scheme Manager under PSPA13, rely on the CSPB and therefore crucially its NEMs. Non Executive Members will play a crucial role in bringing an independent perspective to the Board in addition to any specific knowledge and skills they may have.
The issues that the NEMs will consider may at times be sensitive and complex plus they will need to carry out his or her duties with the utmost care and attention.
The NEMs role will be to work closely in assisting the Scheme Manager and the Cabinet Office. They will also need to actively support the CSPB’s Chair who will lead the CSPB in providing support, constructive challenge and advice to the Cabinet Office and on occasion to the Minister for the Cabinet Office.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced non-executive member who can demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
• Strong decision making skills, able to assess complex evidence of different kinds, consider risks and benefits and explain the basis for a decision.
• Strong strategic thinker, able to help shape the CSPB strategic direction and link specific decision making to the strategy and bigger picture.
• Understanding of how to achieve significant change, operate across complex networks. Able to translate relevant insight into new situations, and anticipate future challenges and opportunities
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills – able to work as part of a team; champion diversity and difference; accept collective responsibility and challenge appropriately;
• Confidently deal with difficult situations sensitively.
• Knowledge and experience of governance or management of work based pension schemes, risk management and the regulatory bodies involved, ideally of public sector pensions.
• Knowledge of the Civil Service and an understanding of delivering results across Government.
How to Apply
Please send your application to: email@example.com
A curriculum vitae with your education, professional qualifications and full employment history
An accompanying supporting letter (maximum 2 A4 pages) – setting out your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential and desirable skills set out in the person specification – please ensure your full name is clearly noted at the top of your letter.
Diversity monitoring form – this form will not be disclosed to the panel involved in assessing your application.
Conflicts of interest declaration
Details of any public appointments currently held
Names and contact details of two referees will be contacted if you are shortlisted for interview.
|Candidate Pack-Non Executive Members Civil Service Pension Board ..|