North Bristol NHS Trust, Non-executive DirectorAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||2-3 days a month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Professor Sarah Purdy as Non-executive Director of North Bristol NHS Trust from 1 December 2021 to 30 November 2024. She is entitled to receive a remuneration of £13,000 per annum and has declared no political activity.View Announcement
Closed for Applications
28/09/2021 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director (NED) at North Bristol NHS Trust (NBT). This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
The Trust is particularly looking for candidates who can bring diversity and offer skills and perspectives that are currently under-represented on the Board.
The successful candidate will be joining NBT at a pivotal moment. Following the most recent wave of Covid-19 they will be adding their voice to a Board that will guide and support the organisation through its Renew and Recover programme.
As a member of the Board the successful candidate will also have a critical role in shaping future services for the local population through collaboration with partners to establish an Integrated Care System (ICS), that will join up hospital and community-based services, physical and mental health, and health and social care.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior level experience in one of the following areas:
- Clinical and patient safety expertise gained from medical, nursing, allied disciplines or social care experience at a senior level in an academic, research, regulatory or clinically focused role
- HR, and workforce development expertise gained at a strategic level
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge provide purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively to this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live in or have strong connections with Bristol or the surrounding areas of North Somerset, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
Find out more
- Hunter Healthcare are helping us to identify potential candidates, if you would like a confidential discussion about the role contact Rhiannon Smith or Jenny Adrian on 07939 250362 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Bristol NHS Trust: We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Michele Romaine, the Chair of the Trust. Please contact Rachel Bartlett on 0117 414 3729.
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing email@example.com
How to Apply
Please read the candidate information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net.
|S2381 NBT NHS NED Info Pack|
|S2381 Monitoring Form|