North Bristol NHS Trust, Non-executive DirectorClosed
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£13,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||2 - 3 days per month|
Closed for Applications
08/03/2023 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director (NED) at North Bristol NHS Trust (NBT). This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services.
You will have held Executive or Board level leadership positions in large and complex private or public sector organisations and be able to demonstrate significant commercial and business acumen.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- Work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- Bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- Hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge Shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live in or have strong connections with Bristol or the surrounding areas of North Somerset, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
Find out more
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Michele Romaine, the Chair of the Trust. Please contact Rachel Bartlett on 0117 414 3729
- NHS England – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0113 825 0009 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
|Monitoring Form NBT S2728|
|NHS NED Info Pack NBT S2728|