North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust, Non-executive directorClosed
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Skills required:||Change Management, Transformation|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||Equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month|
Closed for Applications
20/11/2018 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
W/C 10 December 2018
We are recruiting a Non-executive Director (NED) for North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust (NSCHT). This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
A key priority for the Trust has been to form strong partnerships across health, social care and the voluntary sector to enable the integration of physical and mental health. The STP Strategy for integration outlines the development of three Alliances across Staffordshire as being key enablers.
The Trust has played an important role in establishing the successful multi – agency Northern Alliance. The Vision is to develop integrated resources and services across 10 localities. To support this, the Trust is undergoing a significant organisational restructure and transformation.
Skills in change and organisational development are essential, as is the ability to attract a diverse workforce supporting the needs of our service users and carers. We are therefore looking to recruit a Non-Executive skilled in leading cultural change. The successful candidate will become Chair of the People and Culture Development Committee.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior or board level organisational development expertise with experience of leading organisational and cultural change and the ability to attract a diverse workforce.
Experience working in one or more of the following would be an advantage but is not essential:
- experience working with local Universities
- experience of engaging with diverse social, economic and cultural groups served by the organisation, particularly the black and minority ethnic communities.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should ideally live within a 30-mile radius of the trust or have strong connections with the area the trust serves.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- The Trust – for an informal and confidential discussion with David Rogers, the Chair of the trust, please contact Mandy Brown on 01782 441632 or by emailing Mandy.Brown@combined.nhs.uk.
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Todd Fleming on 0300 123 2922 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
|M1800 NEDInfoPack v2|
|M1800 Monitoring Form|