North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust, Non-executive Director and two Associate Non-executive DirectorsClosed
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||Applicants should live in or have strong connections with the North West|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Time Requirements:||2 to 3 days a month|
Closed for Applications
16/04/2019 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
We are recruiting a Non-Executive Director and two Associate Non-executive Directors to join the board of North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services.
NED role: You will have recent, relevant senior level performance management expertise gained at a strategic level and experience of leading organisational and cultural change to achieve performance improvement. Additionally, experience of resilience and/or civil contingencies would be desirable.
Associate NED roles: You will have senior level experience in one of the following areas:
- Strategic information management and technology with a focus on digital services. Experience of implementing digital transformation in a health or related setting would be desirable.
- Clinical and patient safety expertise gained from medical, nursing, allied disciplines or social care experience at a senior level in an academic, regulatory or clinically focused role. We would particularly welcome candidates with urgent or emergency care experience.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
Find out more
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Peter White, the Chair of the Trust, please contact Pamela Ward on 01204 498406
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing email@example.com
|Monitoring Form N1890 NWAS|
|NWAS Information Pack|