North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust, Non-executive DirectorAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Location:||Applicants should live in or have strong connections with the North West|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||On average this role will require the equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Dr Maria Ahmed from 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2020 as a Non-executive Director of North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust. She is entitled to receive a remuneration of £6,157 per annum . Further information may be available at http://www.nwas.nhs.uk/
Closed for Applications
20/02/2018 at 11:00
w/c 26 February 2018
Final Interview Date
05/04/2018 at 12:00
North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust (NWAS) provides 24 hour, 365 days a year urgent and emergency care and patient transport services to those in need. Their highly skilled staff provide life-saving care and clinical advice to patients in the community and take people to hospital or a place of care if needed.
We are looking for a new Non-executive Director (NED) to share their talents and expertise to help transform NWAS and make a positive difference to the lives of people in their community.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services.
You will have senior or board level experience, with a demonstrable track record of delivering quality improvement at a strategic level. You will also have experience in the health and social care sectors and be from a medical, nursing, clinical or social care background (preferably in accident and emergency care).
An understanding of the current quality agenda in the NHS and the assurance processes needed to deliver effective clinical governance would also be an advantage. The successful candidate will chair the Trust’s Quality Committee.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
For an informal and confidential discussion with Wyn Dignan, the Chair of the Trust, please contact the NWAS Corporate Governance team on 01204 498413
NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing email@example.com
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
Please forward your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
|20180117 NWAS Monitoring Form|
|20180117 NWAS NED information pack|