Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust, Non-executive Director and Associate Non-executive DirectorAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||Applicants should live in or have strong connections with Northamptonshire.|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Time Requirements:||2 to 3 days a month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Rachel Parker as Non-executive Director to Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust from 1 January 2020 to 31 December 2022. She is entitled to receive a remuneration of £10,000 per annum and has declared no political activity in the last five years. Further information may be available at https://www.northamptongeneral.nhs.uk/Home.aspx
Closed for Applications
29/10/2019 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
There are vacancies for a Non-executive Director (NED) and an Associate NED at Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust (NGH). This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
The successful candidates are expected to join relevant committees which suit their skills and interests.
Associate NEDs cannot participate in any formal vote at Board, however they are at the same level and treated equally as other NEDs on the board. The Associate NED role is used successfully in the NHS to support Board succession strategy and achieving a balance of Board level skills.
The successful candidate for the Associate role will be appointed by the Trust but may also be considered for appointment as a NED of the Board in future, should a vacancy arise and they have the appropriate skills.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services.
You will have senior level board experience preferably in one of the following areas:
- Senior level clinical management experience gained in either a medical, nursing or allied discipline and/or recent, relevant finance experience in the NHS or in the public sector
- HR expertise in a large and complex commercial organisation with experience of leading organisational and cultural change
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Find out more
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Alan Burns the Chair of the trust. Please contact April Pardoe on 01604 545868
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing email@example.com
How to Apply
Read the information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net
|Monitoring form NGH M2093|
|NGH NEDInfoPack M2093|