Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust- Non-executive DirectorAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||Applicants should live in or have strong connections with Northamptonshire or the surrounding counties|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£6,157 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||On average this role will require the equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Jill Houghton from 1 May 2018 to 30 April 2020 as Non-executive Director of Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust. She is entitled to receive a remuneration of £6,157 per annum. Further information may be available at http://www.northamptongeneral.nhs.uk/Home.aspx
Closed for Applications
02/11/2017 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
Paul Farenden Added 18/09/2017
Chair, Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust • Representative of Organisation
Philip Zeidler Added 18/09/2017
Deputy Chair, Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust • Representative of Organisation
Crishni Waring Added 19/09/2017
Chair, Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust • Other Panel Member
Helen Hendley Added 19/09/2017
Head of Delivery and Improvement (Central & South Midlands), NHS Improvement • Other Panel Member
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director on Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust. These are exceptional opportunities to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior level experience in clinical and patient safety expertise gained from medical, nursing, allied disciplines or social care experience in an academic, research, regulatory or clinically focused role.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills, and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
For information about the Trust, such as business plans, annual reports, and service, visit their website
Getting in touch
- For an informal and confidential discussion with Paul Farenden, the Chair of the Trust regarding the role, please contact his PA Jane Jarman on 01604 545868.
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Sharon Davies on 0300 123 2068 or by emailing email@example.com
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
Please forward your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
|M1371 Monitoring Form (DOC174 KB)|
|M1371 Candidate Information pack (pdf 330 KB) Extended closing date|