Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust - Non-executive DirectorAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||2 to 3 days a month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Ms Judy Jones from 6 September 2017 to 5 September 2019 as Non-executive Director of Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust. She is entitled to receive a remuneration of £6,157 per annum. Further information may be available at http://www.northdevonhealth.nhs.uk/
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
26/09/2017 at 12:00
Roger French Added 20/06/2017
Chair, Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust • Representative of Organisation
Sam Maunder Added 22/06/2017
Head of Finance, Delivery and Development Team South West, NHS Improvement • Departmental Official
Julie Dent Added 22/06/2017
Chair, Devon Partnership NHS Trust • Independent Member
To apply for the role please visit the NHS Jobs website and submit your application online.
The successful candidate will play a key role in shaping the strategy, vision and purpose of the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust whilst holding the Chief Executive and Executive Team to account in delivering safe, high quality and sustainable services within the available budget.
The successful candidate will be involved in the work of Board sub-committees, including acting as chair of the Audit & Assurance Committee and as a key member of the Finance Committee.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior level experience in corporate strategic finance including internal control and corporate governance expertise. The successful candidate must also have a financial qualification.
Given the importance and complexity of the Audit & Assurance Committee’s work in supporting the Trust Board, it is essential that the successful candidate has recent, prior experience of finance and internal control. It would also be advantageous to have skills and/or experience in the clinical or risk management fields and a background of serving on equivalent committees in other organisations. The successful candidate will have the qualifications, expertise or experience that enables them to express informed and objective views about financial management.
All Non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live in or have strong connections with North Devon.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
- closing date for receipt of applications: 23 July 2017. To apply for the role please visit the NHS Jobs website and submit your application online
- interview date: 17 August 2017
- proposed start date: to be confirmed
Getting in touch
For an informal and confidential discussion with the Chair of the Trust, Roger French, regarding the role please contact his PA Geraldine Garnett-Frizelle on 01271 311830.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
|20170613 S1317 Monitoring Form|
|20170629 NED Recruitment Pack S1317|