Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust, Non-executive DirectorAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||Applicants should live in or have strong connections with Devon or its surrounding counties|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||2 to 3 days a month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Kevin Orford from 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2021 as Non-executive Director of Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust. He is entitled to receive a remuneration of £6,157 per annum. Further information may be available at https://www.northdevonhealth.nhs.uk/
Closed for Applications
05/03/2019 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
15/04/2019 at 12:00
We are recruiting a Non-executive Director to chair the Audit and Assurance Committee for Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have recent, relevant senior level finance experience in a large and complex organisation with the capacity to Chair the Audit Committee. The successful candidate must also have a financial qualification.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with James Brent the Chair of the Trust, please contact Geraldine Garnett-Frizelle on 01271 311830
NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing email@example.com
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references may be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
Please forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net
|Monitoring Form S1837|