Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, Non-executive Director x 4
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||Applicants should live within a reasonable commutable distance to Nottingham.|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Time Requirements:||2 to 3 days a month|
Closed for Applications
21/10/2019 at 09:00
Final Interview Date
Provisionally 25/26 November 2019
There are vacancies for four Non-executive Directors (NEDs) at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust (NUH). This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in Nottingham and beyond. These vacancies have arisen as a result of two NEDs coming to the end of their terms and two new roles being approved.
As a NED you will provide additional support to the Board and will contribute to a range of Board committees which could include Finance and Investment, Quality and Assurance, People Committee and Audit Committee. You would also be expected to undertake additional activities such as chairing consultant recruitment panels.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. Whilst you don’t need to have had previous experience as a NED, you will have senior experience as follows:
- Recent, relevant finance and accountancy experience in a large and complex organisation, with a current financial qualification
- Senior level clinical experience gained in either a medical, nursing or allied discipline with a strong regulatory or service delivery background and a demonstrable track record at a strategic board level. Acute Trust experience would be beneficial
Roles 3 and 4
One or more of the following:
- Estates and facilities management expertise gained in a large and complex organisation
- Recent, relevant information management and technology experience within a large and complex organisation with a focus on digital services
- Human Resources and Organisational Development experience within a large and complex organisation
- Board level experience in leading process management and service transformation within an environment of comparable complexity
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development and service delivery
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a just and healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
- GatenbySanderson are helping us to identify potential candidates, if you would like a confidential discussion about the role contact Emma Pickup or Michelle Shirley on 0113 205 6296 by emailing Pickup@gatenbysanderson.com or Michelle.Shirley@gatenbysanderson.com. Emma and Michelle will facilitate contact with Eric Morton, the Chair of the Trust for an informal and confidential discussion.
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Read the information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net
|Monitoring form NUH M1987|
|NUH Advert M1987|
|NED Info Pack NUH M1987|