Nuclear Decommissioning Authority, Non-Executive MemberAnnounced
|Body:||Nuclear Decommissioning Authority|
|Appointing Department:||Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy|
|Location:||London or Cumbria|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£25,000 per year|
|Time Requirements:||This role requires approx. a 2-day per month commitment, which will include 10 full board meetings. These may take place in any of the 17 locations across the country; however, they are most likely to be based in either London or Cumbria.|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
Professor Francis Livens has been appointed to the board of the NDA for a three year term from 1 December 2020. This appointment is in accordance with the Governance Code for Public Appointments
Date: 10/11/2020View Announcement
Accountable to Ministers, the NDA Board directs the strategic development of a long-term programme of nuclear decommissioning and clean-up work, and related waste management operations.
As part of the Board, non-executive members hold the NDA executive to account and are responsible for the institutional health of the NDA, long-term planning, custody of assets and for overall programme prioritisation and integration. This includes strategic direction on safety, health and environment, as well as safeguards and security for programmes across the NDA estate.
Non-executive members are expected to both challenge and support the Executive in defining and delivering the Board’s strategy. It is particularly important that the Board should be equipped with an understanding of managing and financing major projects, and have knowledge of the nuclear sector, so that it can evaluate and challenge proposals.
The NDA is looking to recruit a new non-executive board member. To meet the challenges facing the Board, the non-executive member will come from a nuclear background with experience in operations, technology or materials. Evidence of operating at a senior level within a major business or other organisation will be essential.
The candidate will sit on up to three sub-committees of the board, including the Safety and Security Committee.
- Knowledge and experience of the nuclear sector in operations, technology or materials;
- large scale programme / project management and assurance with capital intensive industries;
- commercial experience of major infrastructure project procurement, contract management and contract execution; and
- experience of shaping and implementing strategy and delivering transformational change.
- Clear and effective influencing and communication skills, including an ability to contribute fully to Board discussions, challenge the executive effectively but constructively, and communicate with a wide range of audiences;
- independent and strategic thinking with an ability to analyse complex issues and promote innovative thinking;
- team working and collaboration skills, including an ability to work together with other executives and non-executives in the organisation to solve collective problems;
- results orientation and a willingness to look for solutions combined with a focus on targeted performance measurement; and
- adaptability and pragmatism, including an ability to adapt quickly to fast moving situations.
How to Apply
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority are partnering with Audeliss. For further information and to apply for the role contact Alex Wyld on +44 0203 405 6910 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgReturn to Search