Office for Nuclear Regulation - Non-Executive DirectorsClosed
|Body:||Office for Nuclear Regulation|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Work and Pensions|
|Skills required:||IT / Digital, Regulation|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Remuneration:||£15k for minimum of 30 days per year|
|Time Requirements:||30 days per year|
Closed for Applications
23/08/2019 at 18:00
Final Interview Date
DWP, Head of ALB Partnership • Departmental Official
Chair of ONR • Representative of Organisation
Dr Huw Davies
Head of Safety Policy and Sponsorship BEIS • Other Panel Member
Non-Executive Director The Pensions Regulator • Independent Member
The Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR) is a Public Corporation sponsored by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). It is responsible for the regulation of nuclear safety and security across the UK. Its vision is to be an exemplary regulator that inspires respect, trust and confidence.
DWP is seeking two Non-Executive Directors (NEDs) with a range of established skills and competences to help set ONR’s strategic direction to 2025 and beyond, drive regulatory excellence and oversee the organisation’s governance arrangements.
We are therefore looking for candidates who can bring experience from other national and/or international organisations with challenges on a similarly large scale to those facing ONR.
The successful candidates will contribute to the Board’s role in leading the Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR) to achieve its vision of becoming an exemplary regulator that inspires respect, trust and confidence.
Key responsibilities include:
- Helping lead the work of ONR by operating effectively as a Board Member and by contributing to Board meetings and discussions;
- Chairing and/or participating in the activities of Board Committees;
- Maintaining effective working relationships with a broad range of networks and stakeholders;
- Representing ONR externally, acting collectively in representing its decisions to stakeholders and the general public;
- Demonstrating a commitment to the Seven Principles of Public life.
We are seeking candidates with the right skills and abilities to complement the existing Board members. Both successful candidates will need to demonstrate:
- Ability to effectively and strategically contribute to Board activity, challenging and supporting the executive team to lead the organisation;
- Ability to influence, build consensus and communicate with a range of stakeholders;
- Ability to test and analyse complex issues, evaluate proposals and address risk; and
- Ability and availability as required to Chair, or join as a member, one or more of the Board’s standing Committees.
For each post the Non-Executive Directors should be able to contribute across the Board’s remit and have the skills, knowledge and experience to contribute in at least one of the areas below:
- IT and business transformation, cyber security, engineering or science sector background, regulation (not necessarily nuclear) and the wider legal regulatory environment; and / or
- Experience of having worked in the Public Sector.
|ONR NEDs PIF|
|ONR NEDs DIV|
|ONR NEDs GIS|
|ONR NED candidate pack FINAL|