OFGEM, Non-Executive Directors (x4)
|Appointing Department:||Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy|
|Location:||London (for meetings) with some UK travel|
|Skills required:||Communication / Media / Marketing, IT / Digital, Regulation, Transformation|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Remuneration:||£20000 per annum. Remuneration and expenses are taxable|
|Time Requirements:||40 per annum|
This is not a ministerial appointment.
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Dates may be subject to change.
As a NED, your function is to bring independent oversight, support and constructive challenge to Ofgem successfully dealing with current and future challenges including:
- The rise in global gas prices and subsequent impact on consumers;
- Restoring resilience in the retail gas and electricity markets;
- Supporting continued security of supply;
- Maintaining progress to net zero;
- Responding to rapid change in the electricity market, allowing the emergence of smart, decentralised technologies;
- Implementing plans for a future system operator;
- New responsibilities for Ofgem, including the regulation of heat networks and CO2 transport and storage, subject to Parliamentary approval;
- Taking on lessons learned from the Oxera Report and the BEIS Select Committee Report; and
- Improvement in the delivery of several HM Government social and environmental schemes.
The Board makes decisions on major regulatory issues and you will be expected to contribute to these collective decisions.
You may also be involved in working groups or offer advice and support to individual directors, in addition to ad hoc pieces of work across Ofgem.
And the following generic criteria:
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted by 12:59 AM on 31st March 2023. Applications received after this date will not be considered. Please submit the required documentation as below to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘Ofgem Non-Executive Director’ as the subject line of your email.
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages). Include your education, professional qualifications, and full employment history.
- An accompanying Supporting Letter (maximum 2 pages). Please tailor setting out your suitability for the role and how you meet the Selection Criteria. We suggest you use specific examples to demonstrate how you meet the Criteria. Please also include the details of two referees who we could contact should you be successful after interview stage
- Application Form and Diversity Information. See link below. You should declare any potential issues including conflicts of interest (perceived, potential or actual), this includes your personal or professional history that could, if you were appointed, be misconstrued, cause embarrassment to the Ofgem, DESNZ or HM Government, or cause public confidence in the appointment to be jeopardised. The Panel will explore your declarations during the interview process. Failure to disclose such information could result in an appointment either not being made or being terminated.
- Biography. Please could you provide as part of the application form a short biography that you would be happy to be shared with the panel, Ministers, and with officials. (max 250 words). This information will not be assessed, the panel will assess your suitability using your CV and Covering Letter. Please provide a brief career history set out as follows: your name; current or most recent role(s); board appointments (if any) and any highlights or significant achievement.
We are unable to process incomplete applications so please ensure you include all requested documentation when you apply.
|Ofgem - NED - Candidate pack PDF|