Ofqual Board MemberClosed
|Appointing Department:||Department for Education|
|Sectors:||Business, Finance & Skills, Education, Regulation|
|Location:||Coventry; advisory and sub-groups are held in Coventry or London|
|Number of Vacancies:||5|
|Remuneration:||Members are entitled to remuneration at £6,000 per year. Remuneration is taxable under Schedule E and may be subject to Class I National Insurance Contributions. It is not pensionable.|
|Time Requirements:||Up to 20 days per year|
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
7th and 8th May 2019
Application deadline extended to 11pm on Thursday 14th March 2019.
Chair of Ofqual • Representative of Organisation
Director, Qualifications, Curriculum and Extra-Curricular Directorate • Departmental Official
Non-Executive Board Member, Department for Education • Independent Member
Ofqual wishes to recruit up to five, high calibre individuals to the Board. We are looking to appoint at least one in each of the following areas: assessment and qualification design, regulation, finance and apprenticeships.
You will be expected to support Ofqual’s aims and objectives and act as ambassadors for the organisation.
We are looking for independent thinkers who will offer challenge and guidance to Ofqual’s executive to support their decision making. We seek applicants who have significant experience and expertise to bring to Board discussions and are committed to driving forward the work of the organisation.
To help you decide whether you wish to be considered for these posts, we have listed the essential criteria that will be applied when assessing applications.
Successful candidates will need to demonstrate in their written application instances where their experience matches the criteria detailed below. These areas will then be explored further at interview.
You will have:
- The ability to think strategically and to contribute to strategic development in different organisational contexts;
- The ability to build effective relationships at senior levels and/or between organisations; and
- The ability to support and provide challenge to Ofqual’s executive on both strategy policy and organisational matters.
- While previous experience of board membership is not essential, candidates will need to demonstrate the ability to operate at board level in the public, voluntary or private sectors.
You will also have at least one of the following, depending on which role(s) you are applying for:
- A deep technical understanding of assessment and qualification design;
- A deep understanding of regulation and senior experience of working in a regulatory body, either on the board or as part of the executive;
- A successful track record of working at a senior level in finance; and/or
- Senior level expertise in apprenticeships.
We are focussed on equality of opportunity for all, and particularly welcome applications from women, people with disabilities, LGBT candidates and those from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds.
Induction will be provided on appointment.
Should you have any queries about the recruitment, please do contact us at PublicAppointments.APPLICATIONS@education.gov.uk.
|Public Appointments Privacy Notice|
|Guaranteed Interview Scheme|
|Diversity Monitoring Form|